B8 S4 S-Tronic/DSG Fluid change cost. How much should I be paying?

Anees

Reaction score
Hi guys,

How much should I be paying for a fluid and filter change on a B8 Audi S4?

Had a quote today for £504.20 inc Vat This includes Gearbox Strainer, Gaskets and Oil.

Seems expensive to me, but then I have nothing to compare it to.

Some advice appreciated.

Thanks
Anees

Seems a lot, check out Audi website
6e7y7e9u.jpg

£169...

The webiste is only the oil, and that's all Audi suggest you need (every 38000 miles). Lots of people say to change the auto trans fluid and the oil that the mechatronics unit sits in (as well as the filter). That price seems about right to be honest as changing both oils and the filter is an involved job. Car needs to be moved from gear to gear and more fluid added etc. Have you thought about asking MRC tuning to do it (if you're close enough). They are tuners and have done a million B8 chassis cars with our engine/gearbox , they know everything about them... their labour rate is lower I would expect too. I'll be going there when my car needs its next DSG fluid change and I'll be getting them to do the whole kaboodle (as well as diff oil).

Thanks for the helpful replies.

That price is actually from MRC! Just seemed a lot to me, but then as I say I have never had it done so was unsure of what to compare it too.

Didn't notice that razza, apologies. I expect the 'other side' has a filter too. My service guy was adamant it didn't need doing. You, with all that power, should talk to MRC about the intervals for your gearbox. I expect they'd recommend shorter intervals.

Anees - that's handy to know, I know how much they'll want now, saves me calling for a quote!

There's one part of the DSG that has automatic transmission fluid and another part that uses S Tronic oil (that's what the control unit is bathed in). I'm not sure what the latter is for though, but I bet the info is out there somewhere!
You've done 7k since the oil change, I have 7k to go!

Prices vary. I had mine done back in may. Just the S-tronic oil change. the price was £183.40. I didn't actually pay for it as it should have been done by the dealer I bought it from but was missed. So when I went in for my service I mentioned there was no record of it and I called the dealer I got it from and they picked up the bill.

Breakdown for you Gear oil 7x£13.95 +vat. rest was lab. Hope that helps