B8 S4 Zaustworx Back Box Delete

Deo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of doing a back box delete using Zaustworx pre fabricated tails. The thing is I have already got non resonated downpipes, so will only leave the factory centre resonator. I've combed through loads of forum chats about x pipes and just muffler deletes etc, but nothing to convince me to do it or not. It's very obvious it will cause some type of drone, I can handle this. But not to the point it's ridiculous in the cabin. Maybe someone out there has done this. What are everyone's opinions on this? People's tastes are always different, good to hear different opinions. Cheers

The back boxes are also resonators and when they are removed there is a terrible drone/resonance at 1800 - 2400 rpm.
Some of us have ended up refitting the std back boxes, some with larger tail pipes.
The back boxes are half silencer and half resonator (helmholtz chamber).
The best solution to minimise the problem is the BCS back boxes (No I do not work for them!)
https://www.powervalve.co.uk/products?sort=pd.name&order=ASC&limit=100&product_id=232

The back boxes are also resonators and when they are removed there is a terrible drone/resonance at 1800 - 2400 rpm.
Some of us have ended up refitting the std back boxes, some with larger tail pipes.
The back boxes are half silencer and half resonator (helmholtz chamber).
The best solution to minimise the problem is the BCS back boxes (No I do not work for them!)
https://www.powervalve.co.uk/products?sort=pd.name&order=ASC&limit=100&product_id=232
Hi, cheers for the reply. There's a guy on YouTube who has done the back box delete and says there's very little drone. Just got me thinking.

All down to personal preference, if you know it will drone but don't want drone doesn't sound like this is for you, could change for different backboxes or different exhaust or just change the tips if it's purely for looks.

Reactions: Deo and PenttisHSR