B8 to B8.5 differences ?

Hi,

B9 is due 2015 I believe, just Google it, there are some artist impressions and also some images (although the car is under a cover and no doubt they've added a body kit to disguise it like they do).

In terms of changes, not my findings but again something I pinched from a Google search:

B8 has Audi MMI 3G, B8.5 has Audi MMI 3G+ (connected Nav)
B8 offers only Hands-free calling via Bluetooth from the factory, B8.5 has both Hands-free calling and streaming audio via factory Bluetooth.
B8.5 has a newer, lighter crown gear center differential.
B8 has hydraulic steering, B8.5 has electromagnetic steering.
B8.5 has an updated front end, including new headlights, new grille, new fog lights, new bumer, new hood, and new fenders. Note: B8 and B8.5 front end parts are not interchangeable without a complete front-end swap.
B8.5 has slight redesigns of various interior pieces including but not limited to plastic dash surround, climatronic

Reactions: warren_S5 and SI-W85
Hi,

B9 is due 2015 I believe, just Google it, there are some artist impressions and also some images (although the car is under a cover and no doubt they've added a body kit to disguise it like they do).

In terms of changes, not my findings but again something I pinched from a Google search:

B8 has Audi MMI 3G, B8.5 has Audi MMI 3G+ (connected Nav)
B8 offers only Hands-free calling via Bluetooth from the factory, B8.5 has both Hands-free calling and streaming audio via factory Bluetooth.
B8.5 has a newer, lighter crown gear center differential.
B8 has hydraulic steering, B8.5 has electromagnetic steering.
B8.5 has an updated front end, including new headlights, new grille, new fog lights, new bumer, new hood, and new fenders. Note: B8 and B8.5 front end parts are not interchangeable without a complete front-end swap.
B8.5 has slight redesigns of various interior pieces including but not limited to plastic dash surround, climatronic

which is all good stuff.......... apart from the steering which I am sure saves 0.5 mpg on the euro test but feels like there is a notch in your steering rack :(

B8.5 was released on May 2012.

The MMI part is not correct, mine has stock MMI 2G.

The MMI is no longer on the glove compartiment, it's on the trunk.

Another point, I don't on B8 but B8.5 has no spare tire (It has air pump) plus the car baterry is in trunk (spare tire place)

Quote Originally Posted by X_Splinter View Post
Another point, I don't on B8 but B8.5 has no spare tire (It has air pump) plus the car baterry is in trunk (spare tire place)

I have a B8.5 and had a B8 and both had a spare wheel.

Agreed, both mine had a spare as well, albeit a space saver.

Mine doesńt, it has Anti-Flat-Tires and so it has no spare tire (I though all B8.5 were like that... I was wrong) By the way mine is A4 Limosine, A4 Avant may be diferent in some features.

Fotografia1

Another thing mine has rear window blinds and footwell lights LEDs.

I have the 2014 (reg Jan 14) it has a spare wheel and MMI in the glovebox.

Mine doesńt, it has Anti-Flat-Tires and so it has no spare tire (I though all B8.5 were like that... I was wrong) By the way mine is A4 Limosine, A4 Avant may be diferent in some features.

Another thing mine has rear window blinds and footwell lights LEDs.

yes, but you are in Portugal, most members of this forum are in UK so we talk about UK spec cars :)