B8 tracking issue

TaylorB8

Reaction score
Morning,

So since owning my b8 rs4 (2 months) the tracking had pulled slightly to the left. I took it in to kwik fit (due to having the best kit available) and they just can't seem to track the car. They have tried 5 times up on ramp me driving and then going back again. They've had the computer plugged in with the steering angle sensor on 0.0. Then tracked it and made sure its still on 0.0... I steer slightly to the right to go straight. If I loosen grip on steering wheel it pulls left.

They have since given up on it and told me to go to the dealers to get it done as there must be an underlying issue. Its just had an mot (when I bought it) and nothing showed up.

I've got 275/30/20 Michelin PS4s all round which were new when the car was collected.

Could anyone advise me as to what to do in this situation as dealer have basically said they'll send it to their local kwik fit..

Thanks

Ps my local kwik fit have been diamond trying to sort this out. They just can't waste more time on it..

Check your coilovers, I had the same problem as you.

When I swapped my stock coilovers out for some PSS10, my mechanic noticed a particular washer missing from the stock, that needs to be transferred over to the new PSS10s.

After installing the PSS10 coilovers with the washer replaced, no more misalignment.

07ece6dfb9933cb751d2047acdf510c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddy, think ur not reading my msg clearly. Point isn’t stock or not stock, point is your suspension might be missing a washer, thus causing your misalignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh sorry I get you.. ill get her up on a ramp and compare sides! Chances are knowing the DRC reliability on these cars, the shock could of been changed at some point.. Appreciate the input!

Yeah checked multiple time. They checked before tracking aswell. Put the car on the rocker plate too to check bushes etc.. its baffling me tbh!

Yeah checked multiple time. They checked before tracking aswell. Put the car on the rocker plate too to check bushes etc.. its baffling me tbh!
Sometimes the Most Simple checks are the things over looked... Audi can check front/Rear Sub frames are straight, But since uve DRC it's also possible one of the Dampers/Hose's has a leak... Uve also larger width tyres fitted, Am no Technician but all things could be considered, good luck with it, but knowing the Audi brand it's never cheap.

Are your alloys perfectly round? If you've hit a pothole a bent alloy wheel could cause it to drift left