B9 A4/S4 Info / Rumour Thread

...wondered why they got rid of park? What would you select when you're done, Neutral?
It's probably down to how the electronic handbrake integrates with STronic box. On a B8 with hill hold assist you'd never need use the handbrake, it just comes on and off automatically.

Switch off and take the key out. It'll apply the handbrake itself.
Forgot to say that's on a manual car at present. But I can't see why an STronic couldn't do the same.

And leave the stick in... Reverse if you've just reverse parked, Neutral? Drive? Just curious.
Forgot to mention it's a manual, so neutral (unless I'm parked on a hill!). I guess an Stronic would be the same - just stick it in neutral.

I don't like the look of that dash at all. The bright horizontal strip has a rather 1960s look to it, and those centre controls look like an old-style, pre-DIN radio.

It didn't knock me out either when I first saw it. I will have plenty of time for it to grow on me in the years it will take until the B9 depreciates within my reach. ;)

PS: I don't see a glovebox lock on the handle either....

Reactions: benjie
Bit of a thread revival.

Just read about the new S4. They're ditching the supercharger. 3.0 V6 with a turbo, 350bhp.

I'm shocked. The general opinion is how well the engine/charger work so well together. I expect it's mpg/emission related? So now, will the RS be a twin turbo V6 or V8 I wonder? Would be easy to use the S6's V8, whether it would fit I don't know?

Sad the 3.0 Tdi V6 is only 208HP 400NM and a 0-60 of 6.4

B8.5 version is 245HP 510NM and a 0-60 of between 5.9-6.1 depending on who you quote....
Is that not a step backwards?

Also 2.0Tdi Quattro is listed as 177/190 yet the non Quattro is 220?

Confused...

Sad the 3.0 Tdi V6 is only 208HP 400NM and a 0-60 of 6.4

B8.5 version is 245HP 510NM and a 0-60 of between 5.9-6.1 depending on who you quote....
Is that not a step backwards?

Also 2.0Tdi Quattro is listed as 177/190 yet the non Quattro is 220?

Confused...

There's a 272 V6 TDI too I think. I bet that'll be lovely... and quick!

This may be a thread revival but its all been discussed in other threads under the B9 section. RS will be a 3.0 ltr twin turbo unit just like the S4, it may or may not have electric turbo's but will have more power than the current RS but without the soundtrack I enjoy so much. Imagine how tunable it will be though?

And isn't the S4 a single turbo?
Yes it is. As I understand it, it has to be a twin-scroll turbo so should still be as smooth and efficient as a biturbo. Audi is using a tiptronic gearbox so there will be some losses due to the fluid torque convertor, but the car should be 75kg lighter than the B8 and hence Audi are quoting a slightly lower 0-60 time.

Does anyone know if the B9 Allroad will work with Maxton Avant bodykits?