B9 A4/S4 Mirror to Mirror Dimensions

GSB1

Reaction score
Website
www.shootpetrol.co.uk
I know the dimensions are available in the brochure, which states 2022mm width mirror to mirror. However can anywhere verify this figure for me please? Drop the front windows and pass a tape measure through is about the only way I think.

I am wary of the brochure figures as the mirror to mirror width figures for the B8 A4/S4 were quite significantly wrong for saloon and avant for every edition of the brochure until the B8.5 launched!

If someone could go to the trouble, I would really appreciate it.

I tend to trust this site https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2017/2222855/audi_a4_2_0_tfsi_ultra_190_s-tronic.html for detailed information.
But yes the only way to verify dimensions is to measure them for yourself. Unfortunately I do not possess a tailors, or a cloth, measure, I would not like to pass a metal one through the interior of my car...
Thanks, but that site has the same error in the data for the B8 as Audi published, so it's no more trustworthy than the Audi brochure.

Hopefully someone has a helper that can assist them take a measurement for me.

The really cautious could use a piece of string.

@GSB1 Tape measure through open windows results in 2024mm.
6991EA2B D9DB 45E4 92BF 0A4EE8CB4CEC

@GSB1 Tape measure through open windows results in 2024mm.View attachment 172992
Massive thank you for going to the trouble.

Interestingly the body of the B9 is wider than the B8 (marginally) as you would expect with a newer generation car, but the absolute width of the B9 mirror to mirror less than the B8 (the B8 is 2040mm).

Even the B9 S5 Sportback which I am also considering comes up narrower in this absolute width aspect.

Unless you use a garage with a single size door opening, the importance of this will be lost

Official measurement is 2022mm for the saloon, so 2mm in it...
Close enough that I would take the official figures as correct. Published figures for the B8 were 2006mm, but it is really 2040mm (as published for the B8.5) some 34mm wider.

Reactions: cuke2u
All the measurements I have seen for the b8 have been 2040mm as well, that is for the facelift. For the pre-facelift they are given as 2006 as you state...