B9 Massage seats into B8 - LIN bus connection

forty3

Reaction score
I've fitted some massage seats from the new S4 into my 2013 S4 and have airbag, occupancy sensor and main electric seat functions but I don't have any lumbar or massage.

The "multicontor seat controller" requires a power supply, earth and also has a LIN connection. I've tested for power and earth which are present so I assume that the controller is looking for something on the LIN line.

Can anyone think of any way (or anything to try) to get this working? Obviously I don't expect the MMI to display what the seats are doing but it'd be nice to be able to use all the functions.

Hello,

i also got S5 from the B9 into my A4 B8 and only main electric seat functions.
Have you made any progress to get lumbar or massage up and running?

BR
Christoph

No luck I'm afraid. Someone in the US has lumbar working but nobody has massage that I'm aware of.

Got a new bcm to try and get heat working but won't be a for a few weeks yet.

Hello!

Few days ago i put S5 B9 seats to A5 8T Coupe. Electric - working, heating - working, left seat lumbar working, right seat side panels pumps (left and right seat is plugged the same and working different options)

For now i have problem with upper button, massage and changing options.

Anyone have made any progress?

Hello,

no progress from my side. But why is lumbar working at your seats. Have you Connect them to the can bus?

BR Christoph

No, when i plugged in CAN BUS i have lots of errors and climatronic doesn't work. It was all the time changing - on - off - on - off... So i didn't connect CAN BUS. The same with LIN BUS - didn't connect it for now. Left seat i can change lumbar and right seat i can change side bolstering - both are connected the same.

I had no lumbar, massage or bolster when I first connected mine.

Adding a lin connection gave me bolster but still no other functions

No wiring for can on the seats I bought.

Lin was needed to both seats to give me bolster.

Still no lumbar or massage tho

Hi forty3,
i got the same issue when connecting CAN-BUS. I disconnected it again.
Can you give me some information where do you get the LIN-BUS signal and where do you connect it at your seats? Maybe with wiring diagram?

greetings

I have made it to connect the LIN-Bus. The side bolster are working now. But lumbar isnt working at all.