B9 RS4 Avant MPG

rapport25

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As I'm switching from a 3.0 bitdi.

Curious to know actual mpg that is achievable.

I'm hoping for high 20's/ low 30's.

My Bitdi is always showing high 30' & low 40's. Actual is 33-38mpg.

@ Cosmic blue, how much more is the RS4 costing you in fuel vs the SQ5?

Thanks Rappy :)

Ahhh Rappy - in RS country you have to get reprogrammed from worrying about fuel economy and balance it off against GPG - Grins Per Gallon :icon thumright:

The RS4's trip computer is surprisingly accurate, I've had mine 1 month and covered 1000 miles so not the best indicator of fuel economy and the car has 6942 miles on the clock, will be a year old in the 2nd week of January. The worst I've seen (actuals) is 23.9 and the best is 29.8, all A road stuff. This week I've got 2x 100 mile motorway trips so will be interesting to see if that stretches out. Between the two SQ5s and the current weapon I ran a 340PS RSQ3 (best Audi I've ever owned) and the RS4's fuel consumption is marginally better - the RSQ3 averaged 27mpg over 39,000 miles.

Fuel cost wise vs the SQ5 given the price differential of Diesel and 99 octane SuperPlus the slightly lower fuel economy is offset by the cheaper pump prices so there really isn't much in it. Our local Tesco Superstore often runs out of Diesel but never of SuperPlus :grin:

Reactions: rapport25
My RS3 was a steady 26mpg over the whole time I had it. The 4 is slightly worse but surely expected as bigger engine and more cylinders.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rapport25
Not an RS4 but the same engine in mine. I do a 20 minute commute which is a mix of A Road and town driving. I’ve been stuck on 18.2mpg for months.

Reactions: Terminator x
Wow - at least the 2.9 lump reaches operating temp real quick.

Hi
My RS4 is getting just over 30mpg on my work run which consists of town, A road ,dual carriageway , whole lot better than my previous 64 plate v8 version, which if lucky was around 25mpg, not the same sound from the exhaust but still it looks really great and the difference in car tech makes up for it,don't know if it will improve by much as the car has only just cleared 2000 miles.
Chris

Reactions: Terminator x
Ive averaged 28mpg over the first 6000 miles, but that is a little town driving and mainly A roads.

I do a lot of runs up to Manchester. Given the roadworks on M1, M6 and M62 (yes 54 miles of roadworks in a 155 mile journey) means I have been achieving 38mpg! That is sticking it on cruise control.