B9 RS5 steering wheel paddles

SMI77

Australia
Reaction score
I have a B9 S4 which has uselessly small paddles. I understand that one should steer at 'quarter to 3' when using paddles, something about knowing where your front wheels??? I am an ancient '10 to 2' user.
Trivia - Canadian Allan Moffat, Bathurst 1000 multi-winner and legend drove @ '20 to 2', certainly had no problems with his front wheels.

I am considering these paddles, but first seeking if they are tall enough (the paddles, not the driver) to realistically use @ '10 to 2'.
If any member knows where one is (dealership?) and can just sit in to try out for me, I would be most appreciative.

I know they are available for US$375, plus dealer installation (requires remove & re-fit airbag).

I have a B9 S4 which has uselessly small paddles. I understand that one should steer at 'quarter to 3' when using paddles, something about knowing where your front wheels??? I am an ancient '10 to 2' user.
Trivia - Canadian Allan Moffat, Bathurst 1000 multi-winner and legend drove @ '20 to 2', certainly had no problems with his front wheels.

I am considering these paddles, but first seeking if they are tall enough (the paddles, not the driver) to realistically use @ '10 to 2'.
If any member knows where one is (dealership?) and can just sit in to try out for me, I would be most appreciative.

I know they are available for US$375, plus dealer installation (requires remove & re-fit airbag).

Have you read this thread:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/mods-on-a5-s5.339876/

Could be a cheaper option for you to try before you fork out the big £££

The rs paddles are not much larger than the standard paddles just trimmed a lot nicer with the brushed aluminium look

If you want larger paddles then consider the stick on extenders that are sold on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks 'SimonAshley' & 'sparky86', but my question here is specific for a reason. The subject of paddles is also a thread on B9 S4 forum as the 2 models have so much commonality. A couple have this type and appear quite happy with them, although they could be a tad shorter.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s4-paddles-too-small.326370/
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shift-Pa...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

"The rs paddles are not much larger"
O.K., but by how much exactly? We see these paddles, but as none state how much longer they are, how does one know if they are suitable for '10 to 2'.

So I simply re-iterate my original question:
If any member knows where one is (dealership?) and can just sit in to try out @ '10 to 2' for me, I would be most appreciative.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of my 7 with the RS paddles. Although not a 5, these are common across a number of Audi models.

They are a bit of a stretch at the 10-to-2 position, unless you have long fingers. I have not seen any decent paddle extensions for the RS style, aluminium trimmed paddles.

2017-04-21%2010.44.06_zpsduzdf4j0.jpg