B9 S4 Advant Used Prices

Beckford

Reaction score
Hi all, appologies if this has been asked before and i'm fully aware of "there is no crystal ball" just after peoples opinions really,

Im looking at the above car, I have approx 30k to spend which i know is a little low (or quite alot low lol) at the moment. What are the depreciation like on these? Would it be more realistic for say Sept 2019? Two more plates will be out by then. Main options I want is VC and pano roof. I've heard good things about Sports Diff but cannot find any cars with it listed. I'm probably looking at an early 17 plate? Or other option would be B8 RS4 but i don't think i can stomach the road tax.

Appricate all the comments.

Steve

well beggars can't be choosers so ditch the pano roof requirement and bag an approved used one tomorrow for £32,950. Cheapest one currently on Autotrader and seems to have some really nice options. If you want to be choosy then looks like you could be waiting a while for one in your price range.

I'm happy to wait till next year if I get more options. Don't want to get one and then wish it had this and that etc. That one on auto trader is £2950 over my budget.. I was looking at an rs4 which was £31k and they wouldn't come down to £30k, which is fair enough.

You know that b9 s4 any after March 17 are 450 a year road tax? Rs4 is what 490?

You know that b9 s4 any after March 17 are 450 a year road tax? Rs4 is what 490?

Yeah i know. Isn't that for so many years before it comes down? Sure i read it somewhere. Also, RS4 road tax is £555 or something like that period.... I could probly stomach it for an RS4 because of that car.

Reactions: zippster
Reactions: zippster
I'm happy to wait till next year if I get more options. Don't want to get one and then wish it had this and that etc. That one on auto trader is £2950 over my budget.. I was looking at an rs4 which was £31k and they wouldn't come down to £30k, which is fair enough.

So your budget is max 30k, not approx 30k. In that case, wait a while until you have a good choice at that price but be prepared for higher mileage and less warranty. Personally I'd rather find the extra £2950 than risk any extra maintenance and running costs with an RS4.

Reactions: NevMan, Beckford and Riko0073
So your budget is max 30k, not approx 30k. In that case, wait a while until you have a good choice at that price but be prepared for higher mileage and less warranty. Personally I'd rather find the extra £2950 than risk any extra maintenance and running costs with an RS4.

Yes sorry my max is 30k. I don't want any HP or PCP. So I'll probb carry on saving and have alook again in Sept. Thanks again for all the comments. Appreciated.

Reactions: zippster and NevMan
Yeah i know. Isn't that for so many years before it comes down? Sure i read it somewhere. Also, RS4 road tax is £555 or something like that period.... I could probly stomach it for an RS4 because of that car.
First 5 years then 140

I had been watching the S4 Avant used market for most of this year and like you wanted the Pan Roof plus a few other toys, but the Pan Roof really hampered my search.

I set myself a budget of around £35K, but nothing was coming up below £40K until the other week when I found one in Blue at Derby Audi for £37,500. It didn't have the black styling pack and I really thought I was being choosy by not jumping on it straight away, but then I found one in Black with Black Styling Pack. The only issues were it was £2K more and it was in Scotland and I live 356 miles away in Hertfordshire, but it ticked every single one of my boxes plus a few extras I hadn't expected. I knew how rare this spec was below £40K so I shopped around a bit for PCP finance and to cut a long story a bit shorter I am now in possession of the best Audi I have ever owned with no compromising. I also had a great road trip driving up in my S3 and back in my S4.

If you're not in a hurry then wait, but prices are holding and Pan Roofs seem to be very rare.

Reactions: tickedon, Riko0073, NevMan and 1 other person
I have noticed the used prices of S4’s in general are holding pretty well. Good news for me as I’m considering changing my B9 S4 saloon end of 2019 so the more the better. Every couple of months out of intrigue I get a valuation. It seems recently that the valuation is increasing. I suspect dieselgate is playing a small part.

Reactions: NevMan
I had been watching the S4 Avant used market for most of this year and like you wanted the Pan Roof plus a few other toys, but the Pan Roof really hampered my search.

I set myself a budget of around £35K, but nothing was coming up below £40K until the other week when I found one in Blue at Derby Audi for £37,500. It didn't have the black styling pack and I really thought I was being choosy by not jumping on it straight away, but then I found one in Black with Black Styling Pack. The only issues were it was £2K more and it was in Scotland and I live 356 miles away in Hertfordshire, but it ticked every single one of my boxes plus a few extras I hadn't expected. I knew how rare this spec was below £40K so I shopped around a bit for PCP finance and to cut a long story a bit shorter I am now in possession of the best Audi I have ever owned with no compromising. I also had a great road trip driving up in my S3 and back in my S4.

If you're not in a hurry then wait, but prices are holding and Pan Roofs seem to be very rare.

similar story to me - i saw the S4 i wanted at Audi Manchester at a price that was a lot lower than the audi dealers nearer to me - i live in south wales so it was a 8 hour round trip - worth it though.