B9 S4 Climate Control/heating staying on when engine switched off??

SiPie

Reaction score
<I've posted this in the General Technical section but hopefully may get some knowledge in here>

Along with recent 'alarm' issues the car's latest electrical gremlin is to not bother switching the climate control off after I've switched the engine off, locked the car etc

Any thoughts before I trade this thing in and return to Japanese reliability?

Thanks in advance
Si

Any chance that the left hand side temperature control dial is stuck pressed in? With ignition off, pressing it will switch the ventilation on for 10 mins or so.

I was moving my cycling stuff out of the passenger footwell so it’s possible it might have been knocked. Will check when I get back to the car.....

.....although the way it’s behaving it may well have got tired of waiting and driven itself home

Will update later

thanks
Si

In my car the fan/heating will work when the engine is off but the elctrics are still on. I don't think it will work when everything is switched off.

Any chance that the left hand side temperature control dial is stuck pressed in? With ignition off, pressing it will switch the ventilation on for 10 mins or so.

This looks to have been the cause....every day is a school day I guess !

thanks v much

This looks to have been the cause....every day is a school day I guess !

thanks v much

I assume you mean it had just got pressed rather than the button getting stuck. Glad I could offer an explanation.

In my car the fan/heating will work when the engine is off but the elctrics are still on. I don't think it will work when everything is switched off.

Give it a go, press the left hand temperature dial with the ignition off and the ventilation should start up and run for around 10 mins.

Reactions: SiPie
Mine definitely does, ignition off and car locked, alarmed etc...... still works

yeah, great feature I use all the time. Means if you are just nipping to the shop for 10mins etc, the car will still be, and stay warm when you get back in

I don't think this is on by default? Perhaps someone could post where the setting is within the MMI?

Thanks, might be useful for those who don't know how to engage this 'feature'. A post earlier referred to this but said it was the left hand side temperature control dial....

Thanks, might be useful for those who don't know how to engage this 'feature'. A post earlier referred to this but said it was the left hand side temperature control dial....
I have only tried the left hand side one to make sure this was my issue.

Reactions: cuke2u
I never knew this. Good to know. I should sit down one day and read the manual properly.

Yes, it is. Press it in with ignition off and ventilation starts running. Useful for keeping the car warm in winter and a bit cooler in summer if you're not gone too long. Also handy if sat waiting in the car for the other half to finish a never ending shopping trip and the windows start to fog up.

048373F1 B3B2 41FB 9FB0 B0A13301CBAB

Reactions: Peter Huggon and SiPie
Audidi, that's not the A4 B9 manual though is it. Just for the sake of clarity, the A4 B9 manual states "press and hold rotary control when the ignition is switched off ..... will be switched off after about 15 minutes". pg 80 and 83 of the 01.2016 version of the manual.

This applies to to the Automatic air conditioner found in some markets and the 3 zone air conditioner standard on most.

Audidi, that's not the A4 B9 manual though is it. Just for the sake of clarity, the A4 B9 manual states "press and hold rotary control when the ignition is switched off ..... will be switched off after about 15 minutes". pg 80 and 83 of the 01.2016 version of the manual.

This applies to to the Automatic air conditioner found in some markets and the 3 zone air conditioner standard on most.

Definitely the rotary dial

Exactly.