B9 S4 Info Thread

You are absolutely right, but I'm happy to move away from Sepang as that the colour my S3 is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's annoying. I bought my S3 2 days after the order book came out and only had Panther to pick, no Sepang until a few months later, so was hoping to get it in this one. ****.

I was pretty concerned about the sound after waiting so long for B9 S4. They really should offer a sports exhaust. At least give the customer the option of it ya know? It's a very throaty exhaust note and a bit more bassy than the B8 but it's very nice from what I've heard. They had to hold back a bit for the RS4. Shame, because the C43 sport exhaust sounds excellent!

I'm considering a Remus Cat back exhaust set up after a year or so. I was hoping for Ara Blue to be an option or at least Sepang but Daytona is very slick.

I always wimp out on aftermarket exhausts worrying about warranty. I do think the mercs set their exhausts more aggressively, shame is that's the case here

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I always wimp out on aftermarket exhausts worrying about warranty. I do think the mercs set their exhausts more aggressively, shame is that's the case here

Yeah, I hear ya. I worry about warranty too. Especially being the new model. Hopefully the teething problems have been squared with the A4 recalls. Exhaust wise, the bigger manufacturers are pretty all over it now. There is the software tweak to keep valves constantly open. Audi can do that if you ask apparently.

Would sound very nice on a cold start up.

Reactions: Joetidman
With regards to the red magma seats I've thought about combining with Daytona grey, only thing I'm worried about is red seats start to look very shiny and almost tacky looking in the cars I've seen it in, especially when you start getting over 30k of use. Anyone have any experience of this? I remember seeing a lot of meteor grey S5s with it in and thinking they hadn't worn well at all.

If leather of any colour is shiny and tacky, that just means it needs cleaning thoroughly.

So, I was totally happy with the spec I'd put together. Then I got talking to you guys and a lot of people seem to be going for the carbon atlas trim. I originally thought the stock brushed aluminium looked quite smart, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it might look a bit cold and stark - it certainly seems to now when I look at the virtual pics.

I told myself that it's on order now, the deal is done and I'll live with it. THEN the dealer phoned me this morning to confirm build week and helpfully informed me that I can make changes to the spec up to 6 weeks after order without risking the build date being moved.

Aarrgghh decisions decisions! I've gone back on to the configurator and noticed the piano black is free, but I've got that in my S3 and it gets scratched to sh*t the minute you even look at it, so I think that's out (I know you can get that protective coating but I'm convinced such things are snake oil). So, if I do go for the carbon, is that definitely the best look? It's got a shiny surface so does it scratch like piano, or does the pattern of the carbon underneath mean you don't see scratches in the same way? I'm wondering how the carbon finish in the B8s has faired after a couple of years.

Basically, someone please tell me what to do!!

So, I was totally happy with the spec I'd put together. Then I got talking to you guys and a lot of people seem to be going for the carbon atlas trim. I originally thought the stock brushed aluminium looked quite smart, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it might look a bit cold and stark - it certainly seems to now when I look at the virtual pics.

I told myself that it's on order now, the deal is done and I'll live with it. THEN the dealer phoned me this morning to confirm build week and helpfully informed me that I can make changes to the spec up to 6 weeks after order without risking the build date being moved.

Aarrgghh decisions decisions! I've gone back on to the configurator and noticed the piano black is free, but I've got that in my S3 and it gets scratched to sh*t the minute you even look at it, so I think that's out (I know you can get that protective coating but I'm convinced such things are snake oil). So, if I do go for the carbon, is that definitely the best look? It's got a shiny surface so does it scratch like piano, or does the pattern of the carbon underneath mean you don't see scratches in the same way? I'm wondering how the carbon finish in the B8s has faired after a couple of years.

I know just what you mean and have had that same dilema. I too have gloss black in my S3 and its a pain to keep in tip top condition, and as I've done that I wanted a change. I like the carbon but in the end decided to stick with the aluminium which I think lightens the dark cockpit and goes really well with the rotor grey I've chosen too.

Although I'm sure the carbon trims will make the car alot quick to drive :racer:, and do differentiate the S4 interior I decided I'd rather spend the £425 on fuel, and if I came to conclusion that if I come to dislike the aluminium that much I'll get it wrapped or have it transfer dipped later.

I did have the Aluminium in my A6 an really liked it, it was very easy to look after. Thats my take on it anyway - Ultimatly the choice is yours

I know just what you mean and have had that same dilema. I too have gloss black in my S3 and its a pain to keep in tip top condition, and as I've done that I wanted a change. I like the carbon but in the end decided to stick with the aluminium which I think lightens the dark cockpit and goes really well with the rotor grey I've chosen too.

Although I'm sure the carbon trims will make the car alot quick to drive :racer:, and do differentiate the S4 interior I decided I'd rather spend the £425 on fuel, and if I came to conclusion that if I come to dislike the aluminium that much I'll get it wrapped or have it transfer dipped later.

I did have the Aluminium in my A6 an really liked it, it was very easy to look after. Thats my take on it anyway - Ultimatly the choice is yours

Cheers Brasso. I'm glad I'm not the only one going for the Alu so that makes me feel better. I think you gain 1/4 of a second with the carbon, so I'll only ever fill the tank half-way to compensate :)

At least it's by far the easiest thing to change later on if needed in terms of DIY retrofit.

When have you been told yours will arrive? The dealer told me build week 47 to arrive mid-December.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and Brasso
Have people talked about the new seat massage option on the S4? Did I read that right? I've never seen it as an option before below an A7 I think? Will be amazing if I didn't dream it

Cheers Brasso. I'm glad I'm not the only one going for the Alu so that makes me feel better. I think you gain 1/4 of a second with the carbon, so I'll only ever fill the tank half-way to compensate :)

At least it's by far the easiest thing to change later on if needed in terms of DIY retrofit.

When have you been told yours will arrive? The dealer told me build week 47 to arrive mid-December.

Present advice is wk 46 to 48 build but had nothing confirmed. Didn't manage to change one of the dealers stock orders it's due wk43 apparently.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and pierreluigi88
Have people talked about the new seat massage option on the S4? Did I read that right? I've never seen it as an option before below an A7 I think? Will be amazing if I didn't dream it

You didn't dream it.

Audi mass3

A4 mass1
A4 mass2

Last edited:
Reactions: Joetidman and Thundercliffe81

Hahaha. :grinning:

I'm gonna tell you what to do. Go for the Carbon atlas! It adds way more character.

R

Reactions: pierreluigi88
Hahaha. :grinning:

I'm gonna tell you what to do. Go for the Carbon atlas! It adds way more character.

R

I thought you might say that! At least I've got plenty of time to make the final decision - maybe I'll put a few extra hours in at work this weekend to soften the impending blow.

So are you ordering yours this weekend then?

I thought you might say that! At least I've got plenty of time to make the final decision - maybe I'll put a few extra hours in at work this weekend to soften the impending blow.

So are you ordering yours this weekend then?

Haha. It's each to their own, I'm only playing. My reasons are that the brushed aluminium feels like a blackboard (we all know that icky sensation with the fingernails) to me. And I've had piano black on my S4 so, Carbon just felt right. More sporty.

Yeah I'm ordering tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed all goes ok! Can't wait to join the queue. Do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing that you've got upto 6 weeks to change your mind?! :grinning::fearscream:

One of the highlights of the car I feel. True luxury and like you, I'm quite surprised they're standard. The ones on the RS3 look quite cheap. Quilted or not.

Reactions: Joetidman
Trigger pulled. Woohoo.

I've posted the spec on the S4 ordered thread though. I'm in the queue, lads.

Reactions: pierreluigi88 and Brasso
Anyone noticed that the pdf download brochure (page 61) states the 3.0 V6 TFSI Quattro engine is supercharged?

Reactions: Brasso
Anyone noticed that the pdf download brochure (page 61) states the 3.0 V6 TFSI Quattro engine is supercharged?
The brochure is full of errors. They are gradually removing them as each new version is issued.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remember that Audi did not have long to create the brochure - after all the B9 S4 was only announced a short time ago wasn't it?

I like that you get a boost gauge... I'm such a child. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: pierreluigi88
Having had a boost gauge on my B5 S4, I suggest that it is only really useful if it is HUD. Mine was HUD and it had programmable thresholds to present a coloured light next to the boost reading. Since my car was tuned I set the first threshold at the OEM boost and the second near the peak boost. I found that when driving in a "spirited fashion", I found that I could glance at the boost reading, however far better was seeing the coloured light with peripheral vision. For me it was useful as a tool to (a) feel confident that the engine could reach full boost and (b) know how long I was running the engine above OEM boost and at peak boost to get a feel for how much I was stressing the engine.

The one in the pic above looks difficult to notice whilst driving. I wonder if it is in the HUD which I believe is an option for the B9?

Reactions: voorhees
I know, I know...wrong forum. BUT, same engine and interior/tech. Keep us going until our deliveries come. :grin:

I notice the black optics pack is now available to select on the configurator on the iPhone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice the black optics pack is now available to select on the configurator on the iPhone!

Ordinarily, I'd have been bothered. But I'm genuinely excited about getting the aluminium trim this time. You gonna change your order?

Ordinarily, I'd have been bothered. But I'm genuinely excited about getting the aluminium trim this time. You gonna change your order?

I haven't put in an order yet but unless something drastic changes I'll be opting for the black pack, I'm just not a huge fan of the silver and chrome at all...

I was going to modify my order to add the black optics but when built on the configurator it does not change the grill slats or the rear valance surround from chrome. It would need to be all or nothing for me.

I was going to modify my order to add the black optics but when built on the configurator it does not change the grill slats or the rear valance surround from chrome. It would need to be all or nothing for me.
When did you place your order and what build week did you get?

12th Sept. I got build week 17! but it's come forward a lot and now in preparation.

It does on mine!

a68d1f3de3d16200583eb96bbcf96217.png

12th Sept. I got build week 17! but it's come forward a lot and now in preparation.
That's the understatement of the century haha. But you did order before me. Only fair. Bet you can't wait. I can't.

Bit of a revamp but I need some info.

Upon delivery of my S4 Avant, I'd like to know if it's possible/likely for Audi to lower my ride-height to the RS standard. 23mm lower is it?

I'm also looking to get the VCDS mod to permanently open the exhaust valves (after I've ran it a month for good comparison). I reckon a good fellow/lady could hook me up locally for this.

Cheers!

Upon delivery of my S4 Avant, I'd like to know if it's possible/likely for Audi to lower my ride-height to the RS standard. 23mm lower is it?

I'm also looking to get the VCDS mod to permanently open the exhaust valves (after I've ran it a month for good comparison). I reckon a good fellow/lady could hook me up locally for this.

Cheers!
Bump anyone? :blink:

Cheers!

I'd suspect unlikely on ride height. As for vcds check the directory there's bound to be someone near you.

It's in the vcds forum, I haven't a clue ho to post the link from tapatalk

I'd suspect unlikely on ride height. As for vcds check the directory there's bound to be someone near you.

It's in the vcds forum, I haven't a clue ho to post the link from tapatalk

What would be the issue with simply lowering the factory ride height using the original suspension (no mods)?