B9 s4 transmission fluid change ?

Spearo

Reaction score
Can anyone advise please,
I’d like to refresh my transmission fluid, either a full change or partial (knowing that some will remain in the torque converter).

Has anyone done their own or have a guide on how to ?

I haven’t even looked under the car yet, I just thought I’d search online but i found very little..

Thanks

Info from some b9 s4 users suggests relatively low mileage changes but lots of info online from ZF and other manufacturers owners in some cases suggests that 60-120k miles is a more usual interval ! I was thinking of doing mine at 40k miles when I’ll do plugs etc.... hmmmmm ... still no definitive how to guide on YouTube and still no dipstick involved by the looks of it ....... crazy

Info from some b9 s4 users suggests relatively low mileage changes but lots of info online from ZF and other manufacturers owners in some cases suggests that 60-120k miles is a more usual interval ! I was thinking of doing mine at 40k miles when I’ll do plugs etc.... hmmmmm ... still no definitive how to guide on YouTube and still no dipstick involved by the looks of it ....... crazy

Not saying they don't exist, but I've never seen a dipstick on a gearbox. The usual method for filling is quite crude in that you just fill up to the upper fill port and when it starts coming out, it's full.

You’ve obviously never owned an automatic Subaru then.

Sure - for Subaru rear differentials it’s s drain plug in the bottom and filler hole in the side of casing but the front diff and gearbox ( integrated) you get a dipstick and separate filler tube...... very convenient

Reactions: Daggerit and SiPie
I got mine done at 40k. Out of my own choice and because I’m an ********!
I paid £669 (not the below quote) as millers stopped doing the oil for the gearbox and the ZF gearbox oil was £100 more. That was gearbox and rear diff oil, full service and break fluid change.
5577fc08bdb37af1bdbc9f9559b0d2c6.jpg