B9 S4 - Virtual Cockpit S4 View?

gregjd

Reaction score
Finally got my S4 Avant on Friday.. Loving it to bits so far.. Was going to post pics but it's absolutely filthy after a trip down to Bath yesterday in awful weather! I'm getting used to all the tech but one thing I haven't been able to figure yet is how to show what I think is the S model exclusive view on the Virtual Cockpit (tacho/speedo large and in the centre). I'm sure I've seen this in Youtube videos but I only seem to be able to choose from the smaller/larger dial displays on the left and right side. Can anyone shed any light on this or was I just imagining such a view existed?

Reactions: Daggerit
Finally got my S4 Avant on Friday.. Loving it to bits so far.. Was going to post pics but it's absolutely filthy after a trip down to Bath yesterday in awful weather! I'm getting used to all the tech but one thing I haven't been able to figure yet is how to show what I think is the S model exclusive view on the Virtual Cockpit (tacho/speedo large and in the centre). I'm sure I've seen this in Youtube videos but I only seem to be able to choose from the smaller/larger dial displays on the left and right side. Can anyone shed any light on this or was I just imagining such a view existed?

You're not imagining things! :)

If you're in the vehicle details screen (versus media/nav/phone) and press the left directional button on the steering wheel controls it'll bring up a menu and one of the options should be 'Layout' or something like that. If you go in there it should have the options to sort it.

Note that it'll only let you do it while stationary with the ignition on and takes a few seconds to switch over.

Let us know how you get on and if you need a better description of anything to help

Reactions: SRB93
Page 17 in the user manual,

If you have an iPad, you can download to iBooks. It’s very useful.. i found this in 30 secs.

Not a big fan of the sports view personally, the classic is really nice . Though the speed (digital) is a bit small when nav is active..

You can also customize each view btw .. choosing what else is / is not displayed...