BAAAAD REMAP help please

Julian smith

Reaction score
Hiya guys, can anyone advise please?
So I foolishly got a very bad map done by who I thought was a reputable company however I was wrong. Sooo wrong. My car is over fueling thus diluting the oil which caused a loss of oil pressure.my question is can anyone revert my ECU back to OEM if so who and how much.my local stealership won't touch it. Or should I just go see Niki at r tech to sort out.
Thanks for your input guys

I can help you, where are you based?

Wysłane z mojego CPH2145 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: Julian smith
Who in West Sussex did the map?

As there's qst in haywards heath, but I dont recommend him as there's too much attitude, ego & quite expensive tbh.

Welcome to Eco Engine Tune!​

As approved Viezu Technologies™ Dealers, we aim to personalise every car, exactly to the end users requirements. Our mobile remapping operation is able to cover throughout the South-East of England.
It's a one man outfit going by the name of Paul williams

Hi mate I copied this from his website....

Welcome to Eco Engine Tune!​

As approved Viezu Technologies™ Dealers, we aim to personalise every car, exactly to the end users requirements. Our mobile remapping operation is able to cover throughout the South-East of England.
The guy's name is Paul williams

Oops sorry folks I don't quite know how I managed to post this reply multiple times .cant seem to delete the duplicate

Tuning technics is about 75 miles from you. They can flash it back to standard, or map it properly

& when you approached him, what was his response, is he a file jockey or real tuner?

Screenshot 20210921 173108 Chrome

A remapper who also sells tuning boxes , tells me enough...

To be fair, most are fairly reliable, the chip boxes generally shouldn't be an issue, unless loaded with the wrong files, which also may be the issue for his car, I'm curious how they got it so wrong or was there an inherent fault already about to happen on the car when power was upgraded, seen that before & it wasnt the tuners fault, just bad luck a part fails through wear & tear, purely hypothetical as we dont know everything.

Reactions: mister.c. and Julian smith
& when you approached him, what was his response, is he a file jockey or real tuner?
Well at the time I was new to the scene I don't know much about modern tuning.
I was looking for a good stage 1 locally. Looked on his website read the reviews about him his work and gave him a call he turned up in his shiney company van plugged in his laptop 2 hrs later job done. Car was quicker..... but only for a while. So thought I'd go to local rolling road to see what the numbers where, I was up from 197 to only 210 bhp. So gave him a call he said there where to many other things wrong with my "old tired" engine and that's why power was down. I had replaced all the usual stuff DV pcv ect before the map. I argued if you found faults then You should of told me and refused to map it.
He said he would give it another tweak which he did. No change, so I then wrote to the company he franchises from "viezu technologies" who invited me up for a free rolling road session to sort things.
By this time I had lost all faith plus they where a fair treck away so I said forget it and wrote it off.
Couple of weeks later got low oil pressure light my tech had a look couldn't find a thing light went out. two weeks later light briefly came on again so tech checked again and nothing, days later bang my shells let go big time.
On a strip of the bottom end my tech said due to the map over fueling my oil was contaminated with fuel.
That's my story and I don't want that guy near my car again since the rebuild.
Car is good to go except the ECU.

P.S. Since he did the map it wasn't smooth delivery it was very sensitive on the gas
Don't know if that makes any sense.
Was going to get the thing up to Niki at r tech but Its apx 120 miles that I don't want to drive. So I'm a bit stuck that's why I thought if I could get back to stock at least it's safe to then get to Niki.

To be fair, most are fairly reliable, the chip boxes generally shouldn't be an issue, unless loaded with the wrong files, which also may be the issue for his car, I'm curious how they got it so wrong or was there an inherent fault already about to happen on the car when power was upgraded, seen that before & it wasnt the tuners fault, just bad luck a part fails through wear & tear, purely hypothetical as we dont know everything.
Good point mate but literally everything is done new hpfp injectors cleaned, checked, tested and given clean bill of health by r tech. But oil still fuel in oil smell.

Which engine, whats the engine code?

Honestly if he did find issues he shouldn't of mapped, secondly, sounds like the car had issues already & the increase in power just made things fail allot sooner.

I've personally seen all this happen, innocently tbh as the mapper refused to do until the car issues were fixed, but due to shoddy maintenance by the cretin owner & allot of pressure on engine parts, terrible driving, it just weakened parts so when the issues were fixed & was running very well, map was added & this then just showed how the engine had been treated by its owner, as few things started to fail.

I can categorically say this situation wasnt anything to do with the tuner, difference between your situation & this, is the tuner I know well, refused to map until the car issues were resolved.

So, Ii suspect its a combo for you of weakened parts, existing issues & not a very good process undertaken by the tuner.

Which engine, whats the engine code?

Honestly if he did find issues he shouldn't of mapped, secondly, sounds like the car had issues already & the increase in power just made things fail allot sooner.

I've personally seen all this happen, innocently tbh as the mapper refused to do until the car issues were fixed, but due to shoddy maintenance by the cretin owner & allot of pressure on engine parts, terrible driving, it just weakened parts so when the issues were fixed & was running very well, map was added & this then just showed how the engine had been treated by its owner, as few things started to fail.

I can categorically say this situation wasnt anything to do with the tuner, difference between your situation & this, is the tuner I know well, refused to map until the car issues were resolved.

So, Ii suspect its a combo for you of weakened parts, existing issues & not a very good process undertaken by the tuner.
Yes I agree with all your points mate....
Now I understand a lot more. I had only just bought the car power was down so I read up a bit and looked at the usual culprits my tech replaced them checked for codes.
At this point all seemed good, so I then looked for the person to remap.
I feel I did everything the correct way as far as my knowledge/capabilities as did my mechanic. After all no codes and running sweet. As we both agreed the tuner shouldn't use the excuse the car was not good as if that where the case he should of refused the map. The code is axx.
Thanks for you input most appreciated bud

I honestly believe you had the unfortunate situation of a failed engine part of parts, which only showed there weaknesses when power was upped, it may not have been the tuners fault tbh, wear & tear, possibly bad maintenance, rubbish oil, all very plausible, he sounds like a file tuner, so I suspect he used a generic map for your engine, which to me sounds like he didnt really cause the issue so to speak.

Like I said its probably a combo of unfortunate things, the tuner if he did see any errors shouldn't of tuned it, however, maybe there were none, who knows.

I honestly believe you had the unfortunate situation of a failed engine part of parts, which only showed there weaknesses when power was upped, it may not have been the tuners fault tbh, wear & tear, possibly bad maintenance, rubbish oil, all very plausible, he sounds like a file tuner, so I suspect he used a generic map for your engine, which to me sounds like he didnt really cause the issue so to speak.

Like I said its probably a combo of unfortunate things, the tuner if he did see any errors shouldn't of tuned it, however, maybe there were none, who knows.
Possibly mate but it beggs the question why after the rebuild and only a few hundred miles does it still smell of fuel in the oil.

Like I said its probably a combo of unfortunate things, the tuner if he did see any errors shouldn't of tuned it, however, maybe there were none, who knows

There still is the issue of the contaminated oil regardless of is the tuner to blame or not.
So back to my original question please guys......
is there anyone out there who can please help me revert my ECU back to stock in the Sussex area.
Thank you everyone for your input so far.

Oh lord its an axx, I've had quite a bit of experience with that engine.

So who rebuilt the engine?

The person that fixed it should of been able to reflash to stock tbh.or know someone who can.

They should so be able to trace where the oil & fuel are mixing, there's not many places they can tbh, I'm finding it difficult to understand how whoever rebuilt couldn't trace this issue.

If its overfueling, how's it escaping past the rings so much, is it sticking to the cylinder walls & thus the rings roll over & drags downward, which is why I'd either look at these or other parts that share oil & fuel supplies to see if its mixing via other means.

Oh lord its an axx, I've had quite a bit of experience with that engine.

So who rebuilt the engine?

The person that fixed it should of been able to reflash to stock tbh.or know someone who can.

They should so be able to trace where the oil & fuel are mixing, there's not many places they can tbh, I'm finding it difficult to understand how whoever rebuilt couldn't trace this issue.

If its overfueling, how's it escaping past the rings so much, is it sticking to the cylinder walls & thus the rings roll over & drags downward, which is why I'd either look at these or other parts that share oil & fuel supplies to see if its mixing via other means.
Hi again buddy,
Long complicated story re engine so here goes.
The engine that let go after the map was an axx. My tech told me the oil was heavily contaminated with fuel resulting in failure.
So I was chatting on one of the forums about it and an engineer joined in, we got talking about things and he said he was selling his recently built axx engine due to a new project. The engine was no expense spared with integrated engineering rods, bhz head. It was running a ko4 and had a revo map It had apx 5k on it at the time. So after much negotiation we agreed a price on the bare engine as I couldn't afford the ko4 setup at that time. As the guy is based in Aberdeen and I'm in West Sussex he shipped it down on a pallet. At this point he advised It would be a good idea to get my existing turbo checked over, which I did and consequently had rebuilt as it was in such bad shape. I also had my existing injectors cleaned and checked by r tech, a new pcv, dv, hpfp, follower, turbo back miltek with sports cat and all alloy S3 intercooler where added. The plan was to get as much in place ready for the ko4 at a latter date.
Once fitted everything was and still is running the same as the previous engine. In the cold it takes a couple of turns to start, on idle when cold the revs drop and rise, its a tad jerky when driving for the first minute or two then it settles down.
Also the throttle is very on or off, extremely sensitive Al of the time.
This was the case on the previous motor staight after I had the map done.
Also as I'm now extremely paranoid about oil contamination I have been checking like a hawk and yes it's still there.
So the same issue but on two engines.
Plugs are good no smoke, no codes. Could be borewash?
I've been in constant communication with the engineer who built the engine and he's been great, trying to work through things with my tech down here, nothings to much trouble for him. He even checks in if he hasn't heard from me to see how things are he wants to help but other end of country.
As a matter of safety the car has been off the road for months now until I can get this sorted.
It needs a stage 2 anyway to tune in all the new mods but I'm reluctant to drive from Horsham to
R tech in Nuneaton as it is, hence me wanting it flashed back to stock.
Sorry if I rambled on there I just wanted to give the clearest picture of the situation lol.
Hope its clear enough.
Thanks again for your input and time buddy

Short of fitting another ECU, as above & as I did comment before, you have to look at the places oil can mix, faulty seals to forced in via cylinders, fitting that engine could point to map, but only one way forward, find someone who can flash back to stock, ask audi, Simon@amd woking is a good guy too, they probably have the files.

You have to start diagnosing with a virgin, so to speak, setup.

Short of fitting another ECU, as above & as I did comment before, you have to look at the places oil can mix, faulty seals to forced in via cylinders, fitting that engine could point to map, but only one way forward, find someone who can flash back to stock, ask audi, Simon@amd woking is a good guy too, they probably have the files.

You have to start diagnosing with a virgin, so to speak, setup.

Well I have had fuel in oil on two engines now buddy so it's very unlikely it's the same fault on both engines surely? Can't over fueling caused by dodgy map on ECU push fuel into the head?
That's was my original theory and why I was asking if anyone could help flash stock map back on for me. Audi in five oaks has flatly refused saying they don't want to get into that can of worms. Pretty poor show by them as all I was asking for was the ECU to be flashed back. Thanks for all your time and help with this by the way mate

I can understand why they won’t flash it back - then any issues would be on them. Get your mapper to do it.

As I advised, give Simon@amd in woking a shout.

I have read it - so you need to take it to someone who maps as per the options above.