Baby in the back of a Cabriolet

holtyuk

Reaction score
Hi all, Our firstborn is on the way :)jump:) but as our only car is an A4 Cabriolet we think we're going to have to sell it and get something more practical :)sadlike:). If we keep the car, one option is to deactivate the front passenger bag but I know that's not recommended as you can never be certain it won't go off, so I don't think we'll be doing that. But we're wondering if we'll be able to get away with keeping the A4 Cab and putting the baby seat in the back, accepting that it will be quite awkward which we're willing to do in order to keep the car. Not just because we love the car but because we've only had it two years and seen a huge chunk of money come off in depreciation we're loathed to sell now just as the curve starts to flatten out.

Has anyone else put a Group 0 seat in the back of a cabriolet? And if so, any advice?

Cheers,
Simon

Best to re-post this in the B7 section, there are no B8 A4 cabrios

I am in the same position as you so would be curious to see an answer to this too!

I've a B7 cab with two baby seats in the back, neither are isofixed, but it's fine. One is for a 1 year old, the other a three year old. They are quite happy and you get used to getting them in and out. The boot is fine for a buggy and some carrier bags, so providing not your main family motor, stick with it! remember to fit some seat protectors under the baby seats and fit seat back organisers (tesco, £4) so they have somewhere to stow a drink/toy and avoid scuffs to the seat backs!