Back Again... Noggy B5 S4

Omy193

Yeah there’s defo better things the money could be spent on. If you have a set of chrome mirrors they’ll fetch good money too, especially if you’re willing to ship to the states. So wouldn’t be too much to add on top for set of RS4 mirrors.

Prior to buying mine I ordered various 3M wrap samples and eventually found one which was pretty similar to the brushed aluminium look. I can dig it out and send you the product code if wrapping is something you’d consider.
I definitely would consider wrapping, it’d be much appreciated if you could please! No rush however so only when its convenient
thanks!

S4 Muzza

oww! my giant blue head!
I definitely would consider wrapping, it’d be much appreciated if you could please! No rush however so only when its convenient
thanks!
Here you go bud. The lighting in my garage is awful so it doesn’t look like a great match to the RS mirrors but it’s as close as I could find to the OEM brushed aluminium.

jE2NpLf.jpg

OGbr8Qw.jpg

Sr85PjB.jpg

Omy193

Here you go bud. The lighting in my garage is awful so it doesn’t look like a great match to the RS mirrors but it’s as close as I could find to the OEM brushed aluminium.

jE2NpLf.jpg

OGbr8Qw.jpg

Sr85PjB.jpg
Appreciate that, where would be best place to order? :thumbs up:

S4 Muzza

oww! my giant blue head!
Appreciate that, where would be best place to order? :thumbs up:
I’d hazard a guess and say eBay, just search 3M ME-904 or something. I’ve never actually bought any, that was a free sample I requested from a kitchen fitting company believe it or not. Think they advertise it for wrapping old kitchen units! But I’ve used 3M Di-noc carbon wrap on various car parts before so I’m sure it’ll be absolutely fine for wing mirrors.

Omy193

I’d hazard a guess and say eBay, just search 3M ME-904 or something. I’ve never actually bought any, that was a free sample I requested from a kitchen fitting company believe it or not. Think they advertise it for wrapping old kitchen units! But I’ve used 3M Di-noc carbon wrap on various car parts before so I’m sure it’ll be absolutely fine for wing mirrors.
Thanks for the tips, will give it a try sometime in the near future!

any new updates with your motor? Always love seeing a clean noggy

S4 Muzza

oww! my giant blue head!
Thanks for the tips, will give it a try sometime in the near future!

any new updates with your motor? Always love seeing a clean noggy

Yes indeed!

So it was MOT time again, less than 700 miles done this year. Shameful! Anyway it passed no bother with a couple of things to look at before next time. Front suspension arm bush is looking a little worse for wear so I’ll get that swapped out, and he noticed some corrosion starting on the front subframe. Nothing serious yet but I’ll need to get under there, rub it down and get it sealed. I didn’t get that far when I did the rest earlier in the year. It was nice to get the car up on a ramp and have a good look underneath, pretty happy with how its looking.

OE5YWwP.jpg

Day before MOT was a little stressful. Stupid me left it to the last-minute thinking nothing would need doing… I never drive the car when it’s raining so haven’t used the wipers in a while, turns out they were running super slow! I got lucky here and after a few cycles they sped up, not back to full speed but enough to pass an MOT. General consensus seems to be the spindles have seized up rather than it being the actual motor so I’ll pull it all out soon, clean them and grease them up.

Moved onto the indicators – sure enough, all fine last time I drove but now, bulb out. It was the front one as well, most annoying to change! So a mad dash over to ECP before closing for a bulb and then had a very reluctant Mrs holding a torch while I put the headlight back in.

Along she went the next day and all was well but a couple of things for me to get sorted over the coming months

y1rr8fY.jpg

YzxNhxL.jpg

As the eagle eyed viewers will have noticed, the car is now on a set of D2 S8 alloys. A set came up for sale down south, recently refurbished, exactly what I was after, but the seller refused to post. Fortunately I was able to find someone through the EditionNoggy group that was willing to collect, wrap and post up for me. So I can’t thank Mike enough for that. I wasted no time in removing the tyres, selling them, having my Potenza’s fitted and getting them on the car. Currently with 15mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the back.

I think these are the OEM wheels I’ve been searching for, absolutely love them. Its cliché but the photos don’t do them justice, they fill the arches perfectly and of course look totally original given the near identical design to standard 17’s.

YFgBGSf.jpg

e3vNHmy.jpg

VU5SvTL.jpg

As luck would have it, while I was searching for these, I cam across a single wheel on eBay for absolute pennies. So I bought it, meaning I’ve got a complete set of 5. Condition looked really bad from the seller’s photos and I didn’t expect much given what I paid, but a few hours cleaning and polishing and it came up great, more than acceptable for a 5th spare anyway.

ptcBG0T.jpg

Yes, that really is the same wheel after nothing more than a clean, polish and touch up!

And continuing the wheel theme, I’ve been on the lookout for a single BBS CH012 for a couple of years now, always fancied having the full set of 5. But sets of 4 are near impossible to find never mind singles. I was just heading off to bed one night and thought I’d do a quick check on eBay and bang, I got a search result on German eBay! A single wheel with less than 30 minutes to go in the auction. So of course I won it and even with shipping, it again came in at an absolute steal, less than £90 all in. Similar to above I wasn’t holding out much hope for condition given the price and photos, but this one literally came up like new aside from some very light kerbing to a small section. Why do people not clean up their sh*t before advertising it?!?

SH6aDCd.jpg

Lastly I picked up some part worn tyres for each of the spares, a Bridgestone Potenza to match the rest of the D2 wheels and a Falken FK510 to match the rest of the CH’s. Happy days!