Back from inters now remapped

tubby-ben

Reaction score
Hi guys, back from inters and now my a3 is remapped with revo software. Got it done for 167 quid at the revo tt stand. Got a free quarter mile run with it too, done really bad, 8.9 0-60 and hit the quarter in 17 flat. Missed 2nd due to worn bush and didn't quit get off the line when it hit green. Car feels so much better now, mods are silicone tip, 80mm Jetex induction kit, coilovers, 18s , and now a remap so things are on the move. What would you guys suggest I do next apart from learning to drive properly. Lol. Cheers ...

What would you guys suggest I do next apart from learning to drive properly. Lol. Cheers ...

HAhahahahahaha. That made me laugh so much!

Sounds great mate :) I'd take a guess that if they did it on site it's a facelift with an AUM engine?

Next up would be a downpipe and decat, and then a FMIC I'd say, then you'd be ready for a stage 2 map and many more smiles again!

Glad you like it :) I'll be hitting the strip for the first time ever tomorrow, and I'm terrified! haha.

HAhahahahahaha. That made me laugh so much!

Sounds great mate :) I'd take a guess that if they did it on site it's a facelift with an AUM engine?

Next up would be a downpipe and decat, and then a FMIC I'd say, then you'd be ready for a stage 2 map and many more smiles again!

Glad you like it :) I'll be hitting the strip for the first time ever tomorrow, and I'm terrified! haha.
I've an agu mate, the map wudnt go on my ob port so they took my scuttle panel off and bench mapped it straight into the ecu. The track in fairness to everyone was a little damp. It's great fun and I was shaking like aleaf. Got smashed by a tts. I was Gunna do uprated recirc valve, fmic, cat back system. If I go down pipe and decat too will I need too remap again? Cheers nick

Haha funny. My gear linkage ain't the best, I shud have tried to casually change gear rather than just force it. Lost a mega bit of time as dropped revs to

ah fair enough, didn't realise they'd go to the trouble of bench flashing for you on site. Great news though :)

IN that case, add all you mentioned, it won't need mapping again. then, when you're used to it, and you want more power, you can add a ko3S, and a custom stage 2 map (will have to go to R-tech for that) and you'll see around 225-230bhp!

Currently you'll be at around 185-190bhp if all is well :)
Enjoy it!

sure is mate, i now know i want more power eventually, seen some pretty tasty motors today. im gunna push my ko3 as far as possible and just keep an eye out if any cheap ko4s turn up etc. i will probably do a few santa pod runs before inters 2013 to get practice in. lol

Welcome to my world and top work now the bug has bitten u it has begun!!

wondered how long it would take you to pop your head up bobby. haha the bug is well and truelly bitten now. And there i was a few weeks ago on the verge of selling it. so glad i didnt, ok its not an s3 but its mine, ive made it into what it is (with some help). just need to work on my 1/4s now lol, god i was so pants. i thought for a minute i was gunna get overtaken by a OAP on a mobility scooter.....

ah fair enough, didn't realise they'd go to the trouble of bench flashing for you on site. Great news though :)

IN that case, add all you mentioned, it won't need mapping again. then, when you're used to it, and you want more power, you can add a ko3S, and a custom stage 2 map (will have to go to R-tech for that) and you'll see around 225-230bhp!

Currently you'll be at around 185-190bhp if all is well :)
Enjoy it!
cheers nick hope so mate. thinking of carbon/plastic bonnet to get weight down too but prices are sky high. ive removed rear seat and spare wheel already. stuff the passangers they can walk....