Back in an Audi!

ROBS3

Reaction score
After a bit of time out of an Audi, I'm glad to say I'm back!

I recently bought a B8.5 S4 Avant and love it. There are a couple of bits that I would like to do so here I am asking for some advice.

I'd like to change the yellow-ish fog lights for something whiter and thinking about replacing them with Philips White Vision, any opinions on these? Or any other recommendations?

I also want to update the interior lighting to LEDs. I believe it has the extended light pack so looking for the full kit. Strangely there is a mix of lighting, LEDs in the footwells etc but the map, vanity lights etc aren't - is that right? Any suggestions on where to purchase?

Thanks in advance
Rob

Reactions: Meemo and V6_Man

I recently bought a B8.5 S4 Avant and love it. There are a couple of bits that I would like to do so here I am asking for some advice.

I'd like to change the yellow-ish fog lights for something whiter and thinking about replacing them with Philips White Vision, any opinions on these? Or any other recommendations?

I also want to update the interior lighting to LEDs. I believe it has the extended light pack so looking for the full kit. Strangely there is a mix of lighting, LEDs in the footwells etc but the map, vanity lights etc aren't - is that right? Any suggestions on where to purchase?

Thanks in advance
Rob

Hi mate and welcome back to Audi. Any pics of the car? @t8ups is the man to get in touch with he will sort you out with front fogs as well as interior LEDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate and welcome back to Audi. Any pics of the car? @t8ups is the man to get in touch with he will sort you out with front fogs as well as interior LEDs.

Perfect, cheers mate. I'll drop him a message.
No decent pics but I'll definitely get some up soon!

Reactions: V6_Man
I just got a full set of t8ups LED light set, I am very happy. Don't get me wrong they might be a little more expensive than an eBay job, and I do mean only a little bit.

But they have the backing of somebody who knows what bulb goes where, exactly what size and type is required. They come bagged and labeled ready to fit and you know they are quality.

He will not over sell you, I asked for LED number plate bulbs, he told me not to bother as I had LED bulbs as standard already and they were just as good as his(S5 B8.5)

I've gone for LED fog lights to match the DRLs, and while the footwell lights are LED, his are mutch better.

If you activate the ambient/back ground lights then the footwell lights will stay on, I'm changing mine to red LED.

I just got a full set of t8ups LED light set, I am very happy. Don't get me wrong they might be a little more expensive than an eBay job, and I do mean only a little bit.

But they have the backing of somebody who knows what bulb goes where, exactly what size and type is required. They come bagged and labeled ready to fit and you know they are quality.

He will not over sell you, I asked for LED number plate bulbs, he told me not to bother as I had LED bulbs as standard already and they were just as good as his(S5 B8.5)

I've gone for LED fog lights to match the DRLs, and while the footwell lights are LED, his are mutch better.

If you activate the ambient/back ground lights then the footwell lights will stay on, I'm changing mine to red LED.

Great, thanks for your feedback.
How are you getting on with the LED foglights? I see a real mix of reviews regarding LED vs halogen.

Thanks

Thanks in advance
Rob
Welcome back Rob. Look forward to some pics. For leds contact @t8ups and he will sort you out with all your lighting requirements. :)

Great, thanks for your feedback.
How are you getting on with the LED foglights? I see a real mix of reviews regarding LED vs halogen.

Thanks

I know you've aksed this off another user, I have t8ups fogs on my S4 and to be honest I haven't found any issues. I have used them occasionally on foggy day/night, I mainly use the rear ones. On the occasions that I have used them I didn't have any issues they have worked fine imo.

You can see the difference between stock (o/s) and t8ups (n/s) fogs lights as well.

115a6e5cf70648ebcbb6d0dfbdd9cc83.jpg

Reactions: NevMan
I know you've aksed this off another user, I have t8ups fogs on my S4 and to be honest I haven't found any issues. I have used them occasionally on foggy day/night, I mainly use the rear ones. On the occasions that I have used them I didn't have any issues they have worked fine imo.

You can see the difference between stock (o/s) and t8ups (n/s) fogs lights as well.

115a6e5cf70648ebcbb6d0dfbdd9cc83.jpg

They look perfect, great colour match!
I read the manual and it says that you remove the grill to gain access, but I'm sure I read that there is an access hatch in the wheel arch? Is it an easy job?

They look perfect, great colour match!
I read the manual and it says that you remove the grill to gain access, but I'm sure I read that there is an access hatch in the wheel arch? Is it an easy job?

Just one or maybe two screws in the wheel arch behind the fog light and that should be it. 5-10 mins max per side.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Just one or maybe two screws in the wheel arch behind the fog light and that should be it. 5-10 mins max per side.

Excellent - thanks!

Excellent - thanks!

Didn't take the pictures of when I was doing it but this is what/how the inside looks like along with the LED from T8ups

386e1982b061ff269dcb1115790564d7.jpg

Original bulb

5507b13a0e713abacb5dc65528864475.jpg

One from T8ups

fa843d2a81687354d78e4b3bc8929614.jpg

Just waiting for a price from T8ups, but looks like I'll go down that route, so thanks for your help!

Another question... rubber boot liners. Do any of you have one fitted? Any recommendations? I had an eBay jobby in my old car that worked great. Just want to make sure the fit is good. The car has the storage rails etc, but I'm guessing there isn't a mat out there that accommodates the rails?

Thanks again!

Didn't take the pictures of when I was doing it but this is what/how the inside looks like along with the LED from T8ups

One from T8ups

fa843d2a81687354d78e4b3bc8929614.jpg

"Mr. Logic" says - that's not LED.

"Mr. Logic" says - that's not LED.

And how can Mr. Logic be wrong . These are Ice White Halogens - see below t8ups message that he sent when I bought them last year confirming it as well.

0295b73efbebbb4dd3c79805049068dc.jpg

Oh, and I'll have to be extra careful next time I post something as I now know 'Big Brother' watches all the time