Backbox Options - Post Your Pics Please...

Do you think the milltek cat back will become a restriction on mine when running near full potential with the gtx as potentially could be chasing 500's?

Bill runs a 3" system on the Ibiza (currently at 550hp)... the Milltek is a 2.75" system and the Mk2 golf with the GT3071 we built running mid 400's had a 2.5" system from a 3" DP... (although tbf its prob not ideal but EGTs were fine)

I think the Milltek back box will be the biggest headache but the tell will be EGTs... your setup is going to be pretty free flowing inlet wise so any rise in EGTs will be down to the exhaust I reckon...

Will have to see on the dyno mate but considering your setup then a 3" makes sense its just the choice of back box thats limiting as the one I had originally was perfect flow wise but was a little too droney inside the car for me... sounded ace on boost though :D

<tuffty/>

Should be ok then...I hope

Just crossed my mind as bill will be doing the downpipe and decat, whether to get him to do a whole system but think will stick with the milltek for now and see how it goes ;)

Don't suppose you can remember what James Leon ran exhaust and egt wise as will be pretty simular spec

I have absolutely no genuine knowledge on your question Stacey, but in the interests of seeing more shiney parts in your build thread, I'm going to say Yes. it will be a restriction. get 3'' :laugh:

Please don't encourage me I'm bad enough as it is lol ;)

I have an xs power mani and downpipe connected to a scorpion resonated exhaust (which has been modified) and I have been told by 4 people that it sounds like a jet when it's on boost, yet it is quiet and refined when it's not.

But if I had to buy a cat back, it'd be a miltek with the slash cut pipes, although they are pretty common!

My gf`s old Mazda 3MPS sounded like that as standard. Sounds like a blow torch/bunsen burner. Pretty awesome.