Background (footwell lighting a4 b8.5)

Kevin_w90

Kevin
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello,

Managed to get my led footwell lights/ambient lighting working! Really really happy. The lights function as expected... open the door and the light get really bright and if I close the door with headlights on they stay on (slightly dimmer for a nice glow in the footwells).

Slightly confused tho as I can't adjust their brightness in the MMI menu. Not a major problem but would be good to be able to do it.

Note I have a 3G system (not sure if its 3G plus mind you or and don't know the difference)

I done the following coding

[09 – Cent. Elect.] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 16 Bit 6 - Set this bit manually to “1” - (1 = active)

Then entered the hidden menu and under car I selected the box with interior light and then followed with carmenuoperation and changed the value to 5 (tried 1 also) .

Now all working good buuuuut I can see the "background lighting" in the car settings menu however its greyed out. When I select it I get the message "The selected system is currently not available".

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing a step somewhere? I did notice in the 5F module in vcds there is an option to enable the light menu however I never touched it as I haven't seen it in any posts on fitting the ambient lighting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

Working :) ! Further step required since my car is a facelift model. Same coding as above and first two steps in the hidden menu but the one I had missed was as follows - hidden menu and select Car/carbusassignment/interior light and change value to [CAN Komfort 1/9].

Reactions: V6_Man