Bacon Sandwich.

bacon only, buttered brown bread, ketchup.
but the bacon MUST be crispy, if you can't snap the rasher, it's not crispy enough :-D

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Ghost, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
@Just Rob. - Perfect bacon sarnie ?
Grilled or gridled bacon till crispy
Fresh dusted bap cut in 1/2
Both insides thinly coated with Lurpak
Small sprinkling of grated red leicester cheese
& finally it HAS to be Heinz red sauce

Oh yeh baby ! :superman:
Had to try my ^ 'recipe' for a bacon sandwich today just to make sure it was right
& I can report, yes, it still IS the only way to eat a bacon sarny :hi:
lol

Reactions: CHEZ
We can get into the supermarket snobbish debate later..... but....

Waitrose thick cut smoked back bacon (at least 4mm thick), ****** until the fat has rendered and then crisped on the outside whilst remaining like liquid smokey butter on the inside.

Slightly toasted granary bread, with lurpak spreadable.

Heinz ketchup and a touch of course ground black pepper.

Controversially, i chuck in a small amount of raw spinach leaves - mostly for aesthetics but also to kid myself that it makes the whole thing healthier.

Reactions: Sandra
Ah a supermarket snob then...haha

Reactions: Sandra and Bristle Hound
Do you think a pig knows it’s a Waitrose pig ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green **** in a bacon buttie no thanks

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra, Charlie Farley and BarryG79
4683.jpg

Reactions: Ghost, CHEZ, BarryG79 and 2 others
A couple of variations here if its in a bap, its just anchor butter, with bacon on, no sauces!!

If its a sandwich, it needs to be lightly toasted white bread, with sausage, bacon and egg and some Heinz ketchup.

Strong cup of coffee to go with it.

Well i'm trying a couple of paul hollywood's baked rolls , buttered with some nice smoked bacon and nothing else for a snack this evening.....and not a hint of Onion anywhere, thank god.

Thick sliced bread, can be white or brown so long as it's fresh from my local bakery that morning, spread with butter and brown sauce. Two rounds, each containing two crisply-grilled rashers of bacon (minimum 95% meat) and a free-range egg fried in olive oil and served sunny side up with a squelchy yoke ready to burst. Eaten with a (steak) knife and fork, with filter coffee and orange juice (Tropicana - with bits). :)

This was for a customer just bacon sausage on white
b0dad41fca47702f74edf7d394b74029.jpg

Reactions: jdp1962
well the paul Hollywood oven baked roll variant wasn't overly impessive to be honest, tasted ok but just not a patch on thick sliced rustic loaf with lashing of yummy bacon....so back to the original is best for me.

Reactions: Sandra and BarryG79
This is the best thread ever!

Fried bacon
Bread or a bap
Depends on the mood whether I add some Ketchup or not
Cup of tea to go with it is standard

Often consumed while looking despairingly at something i'm trying to fix!

Reactions: Ghost, CHEZ and Sandra
I'm going to try another variation tonight.....i'll update with my yummynest feedback , dare I say it may involve some of the Red stuff..lol

Toasted Brioche bun, 3 rashers of crispy bacon and a dollop of ketchup or an egg on top....yum!!

Reactions: AudiSpy
With mushrooms and an egg.....

6e0a979983cd41a488419db21529ac39.jpg

See, correct me if I am speaking (or typing) out of turn, but that is the epitome of a bacon sandwich overly produced...

Gone is the simplistic basic bread and bacon
Replaced by poncy additions, colours, textures and hipster shizzle that just don't belong.
It is a bacon sarnie. I repeat, a bacon sandwich.
Something you are brought up with from being a kid.
That means minus your spinach, seed roasted batch, onion sorbet, posh sausage, 99ron unleaded, gold flake or anything else perverted.

Come on lads ***, it's bacon, bread and a drink, a dollop of sauce or butter at most, but none of this faggoty shizzle ***

*** lads get a grip

Reactions: jojo, Ghost, voorhees and 2 others
Ahha , another true connoisseur of the proper bacon sandwich , I think the true bacon sarnie went a bit European some time ago to be honest, but whatever works for the individual....

Classic example , recently I went into a snack place and asked for a toasted bacon sarnie, got the reply , oh we only sell them with lettuce and tomato , that's not a bacon sarnie I said , that's a BLT different all together.....they were dumbfounded and replied , sorry sir they are bacon sandwich's .....whats that all about.......needless to say I left that establishment empty handed .

Made this thread a 'sticky' as it has to be the Thread of 2017 lol

Reactions: jdp1962, voorhees and BarryG79
Spinach - it offsets bad calories, sodium and fat, guaranteeing you’ll gain no weight at all.*

c400fc22745a55cea36467193c5c02a4.jpg

*I am not a doctor / nutritionist and this advice may or may not be true...

Reactions: Ghost, Bristle Hound, voorhees and 2 others
@ Just Rob this is for you enjoy
b1c9190af761b4981e47671b6f929e36.jpg
b2c8ebe322ee27f4c6c2b860270f278f.jpg
95baac684ac6b9a8d5610732dcc62f71.jpg
90f6006819a0dc0814e7c7067dab32fb.jpg

Reactions: Ghost, Bristle Hound, voorhees and 4 others
oh yes, now that looks like a proper bacon sarnie, seriously yum, I've just had some nice sea basss for our evening meal martin but I think one of those may well be on order later.....excellent chap.

Reactions: CHEZ and martin1984
@ Just Rob this is for you enjoy
b1c9190af761b4981e47671b6f929e36.jpg
b2c8ebe322ee27f4c6c2b860270f278f.jpg
95baac684ac6b9a8d5610732dcc62f71.jpg
90f6006819a0dc0814e7c7067dab32fb.jpg

I approve of this modified version of the standardised version of the British standard bacon sarnie.
Well done sir, not too shabby and good skills in achieving a result!
The op has not been distracted or poisoned, by unhealthy practices, tactics or questionable behaviour in order to achieve a drop dead gorgeous bacon butty that is exactly that, a bacon sandwich.
Well done sir

Reactions: Ghost, Bristle Hound, jdp1962 and 2 others
Just got back in from messing around with the old bus, totally famished now , one of those would go down a treat now....i'm off to fire up the kitchen equipment now.....nice.

No mention of placing the bread into the frying pan and crisping it with the delicate flavours of the bacon ( just on the inside of the bread)

Stents needed if you do this on a daily basis.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Ghost and AudiSpy
No mention of placing the bread into the frying pan and crisping it with the delicate flavours of the bacon ( just on the inside of the bread)

Stents needed if you do this on a daily basis.

A Scottish delicacy, fried bread followed by a heart attack and sudden death if you indulge regularly enough but you know that hence the stents advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: voorhees
Do we need to start doing bacon sandwiches on the Audi bbq at the next event instead of burgers?

Reactions: CHEZ, Ghost, voorhees and 4 others
Do we need to start doing bacon sandwiches on the Audi bbq at the next event instead of burgers?
we need to do them as well as the burgers

Reactions: Ghost and dunes7
yes, I like that plan.....but please, no onion.......

Reactions: AudiSpy
And following close in 2nd place must be this.....yummmm, same applies to filling really , just the important bits and K sauce and most certainly no "onion "...

Chip3

Reactions: voorhees and martin1984
See, correct me if I am speaking (or typing) out of turn, but that is the epitome of a bacon sandwich overly produced...

Gone is the simplistic basic bread and bacon
Replaced by poncy additions, colours, textures and hipster shizzle that just don't belong.
It is a bacon sarnie. I repeat, a bacon sandwich.
Something you are brought up with from being a kid.
That means minus your spinach, seed roasted batch, onion sorbet, posh sausage, 99ron unleaded, gold flake or anything else perverted.

Come on lads ***, it's bacon, bread and a drink, a dollop of sauce or butter at most, but none of this faggoty shizzle ***

*** lads get a grip
Where's the LMFAO button? :laugh:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, CHEZ and Sandra