Bad earth help from throttle body A3 3.2 Sport

Heeny

Reaction score
Hi all my A3 sport Quattro broke down the other week on the busiest spot in scotland, hermiston gate roundabout in edinburgh and when the aa came out to see what the problem was, he did loads of checks and informed me that there was a bad earth from the throttle body causing the car to shut down, he checked the battery, alternater and a few other things and said they were ok, he also put a temporary earth cable from the throttle body to the - terminal in the engine bay.
Has anyone else had this problem and how do I go about fixing the problem ?
Cheers

Hi all my A3 sport Quattro broke down the other week on the busiest spot in scotland, hermiston gate roundabout in edinburgh and when the aa came out to see what the problem was, he did loads of checks and informed me that there was a bad earth from the throttle body causing the car to shut down, he checked the battery, alternater and a few other things and said they were ok, he also put a temporary earth cable from the throttle body to the - terminal in the engine bay.
Has anyone else had this problem and how do I go about fixing the problem ?
Cheers

I spent a bit of time when I got my a3 cleaning and greasing my earth points under the bonnet behind on the left hand side I under the headlight (hard to see) towards the bumper one beside the headlight easy to see ,on the shock tower also on the block the one is hard to see was the worst that's the one I cleaned I might have missed some though but it's a start I suppose.

Any diagrams or photos ?

I don't have at the moment but if you look for brown cables with eyelets bolted to the chassis the one on the engine has stripes I am new so still working this forum out I will see what I can do once you do that I would disconnect the temp fix to see. Some vag cars have an earth from the tb case off of one of the mounting bolts as the manifold is plastic and offers no grounding

Last edited: