Bad post through the letter box

bravepilot

Reaction score
After almost 5 months of waiting, I have recieved my court summons last Saturday. Hearing is a week Friday, just less than a week before I move home and leave my current job to set up my own business!

Nothing I don't deserve of course, but was secretly hoping they had forgotten about me.

:bye:

I know the feeling bud, it's almost like you are in the clear after such a long wait, then BOOM!, it comes through the post to ruin your day...

get some makeup draw loads of wrinkles on your head and walk with the aid off a zimmer frame and pretend your 66 then go get yourself a bus pass your be quids in.

Soz I have been there myself, its a bummer I got six points so thank gord i kept my license, hope you fair well if not take my advice above

bravepilot said:
After almost 5 months of waiting, I have recieved my court summons last Saturday. Hearing is a week Friday, just less than a week before I move home and leave my current job to set up my own business!

Nothing I don't deserve of course, but was secretly hoping they had forgotten about me.

:bye:

I don't know what circumstances your court case is I take it to be a driving offence which might involve a ban.

On a positive note I see you are about to start your own business let your brief know because in this area courts tend to be more leanient if you run your own business or company.They may fine you more heavily but you keep your licence.

Good look with case and new business.

Just make sure you don't sit next to a mate who decides to grab your knee when you go to sit down. I'm sure that bitch saw me laughing and banned me just for that.

motorbikez said:
in this area courts tend to be more lenient if you run your own business or company.They may fine you more heavily but you keep your licence.
I agree. No excuse, but mitigating circumstances when it comes to sentencing I would have thought.

That said, it seems to be total pot luck with the Mag. I got 5 points for 96mph on a NSL d/c (in my youth!). But a mate got seven day ban and no points, for almost running over a police man whilst sideways around a corner in a 30.

Go figure.

But good luck with it. :salute:

It is a total lottery with Magistrates, hopefully you might get a lay magistrate who is a judge brought in when they can't get enough do-gooders to sit in. He sits alone and is far more realistic when dishing out the penalties, i.e. he has actually visited planet earth on occasion.

Thanks for all these posts, at the end of the day, it more or less sounds like I should take what they dish out to me and accept it. Although I'm going it alone, I did have a solicitor advise me I would probably recieve a 28-35 day ban plus a fine - a whole month without my car!!!! It's like not having legs!
:thumbsup:

I'll let you all know what happens

search the forums for ways of having them lean to being not too harsh on you if you have the time of course
good luck

Good result, you won't have to worry about being carless for a month now or explain to your insurance company why you were banned!
I'll remember the zimmer frame if I ever find myself in that position :laugh:

bravepilot said:
6 points and a £260 fine, I'd say I got off pretty lightly considering... zimmer frame plan worked! Thanks Onlyme!:icon_thumright:

Same as mine, but my fine was £200, I put down a stupid amount for disposable income, making it seem like I have no savings or spare cash.

bravepilot said:
6 points and a £260 fine, I'd say I got off pretty lightly considering... zimmer frame plan worked! Thanks Onlyme!:icon_thumright:

Well done mate ,
nice to c a decent person doesnt get hammered by the courts while the scum get help and counciling instead of a much deserved jail sentance !