Badge sizes

eleven_

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my RS3 to arrive, hopefully June, but wanted to pick up some black badges in the meantime.

Can someone accurately measure and post up the front/back rings sizes so I can order the correct set, there are so many sizes available on-line.

I think the grill RS3 and rear RS3 badges are pretty generic so they shouldn't be an issue.

I'm still waiting for my RS3 to arrive, hopefully June, but wanted to pick up some black badges in the meantime.

Can someone accurately measure and post up the front/back rings sizes so I can order the correct set, there are so many sizes available on-line.

I think the grill RS3 and rear RS3 badges are pretty generic so they shouldn't be an issue.
They are different sizes. I know as I ordered some and was sent the 8V badges and they did not fit.

You need to get the registration of a car selling online and give it to the dealer to get the correct badges.

I'd prefer to buy them locally, just need the mm sizes.

I believe the front on S3 8Y is 248mm x 86mm so may be the same? Could someone confirm?

Fair enough.

OEM is the way to go, after market ones lose there gloss after a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are different sizes. I know as I ordered some and was sent the 8V badges and they did not fit.

You need to get the registration of a car selling online and give it to the dealer to get the correct badges.
The rear emblems and the rear RS3 adhesive one are the same size as the ones on the 8v only the front emblem and badge are different

Reactions: eleven_
The rear emblems and the rear RS3 adhesive one are the same size as the ones on the 8v only the front emblem and badge are different
The RS 3 rear is the same BUT the rear rings are slightly different in size.

The front rings are totally different.

The from RS3 badge has a different way to attach to the front grille than the 8V so don‘t even try an 8V badge.

The RS 3 rear is the same BUT the rear rings are slightly different in size.

The front rings are totally different.

The from RS3 badge has a different way to attach to the front grille than the 8V so don‘t even try an 8V badge.
Didn't l just say that booboo...rear 4 circles of the 8v are the same size as well...as the 8y as are the ones on a A1/TT ....

Reactions: Spinstorm
I changed all my chrome badges front and rear to Black badges, except the rear RS3. I managed to find a sticker version that comes with the Red square separate, which I never put on as it now looks like a Green square.
20220314 092828 2

Reactions: kayemill
I changed all my chrome badges front and rear to Black badges, except the rear RS3. I managed to find a sticker version that comes with the Red square separate, which I never put on as it now looks like a Green square. View attachment 254157
Did you buy from Audi or another supplier? Do you have sizes for the front grille rings and RS3 badge?

If I had invested so much time and money on a new RS3, I'd want it done properly, not hacking around for the 'best' online offerings and someone else's 'guidance'. I'd get my local Audi bodyshop to do it properly with the correct size badges. Simples. What's a few quid ?

Mike

Reactions: Jassyo06 and RichK
If I had invested so much time and money on a new RS3, I'd want it done properly, not hacking around for the 'best' online offerings and someone else's 'guidance'. I'd get my local Audi bodyshop to do it properly with the correct size badges. Simples. What's a few quid ?

Mike

Can’t beat the Audi OEM badges.

Don’t lose their gloss, and are the correct size for the 8Y RS3.

60k car doesn’t warrant £80 badge set

Reactions: Jassyo06
I changed all my chrome badges front and rear to Black badges, except the rear RS3. I managed to find a sticker version that comes with the Red square separate, which I never put on as it now looks like a Green square. View attachment 254157
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the Kyalami sticker?

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the Kyalami sticker?
I can't remember the company I got them from. I just googled it and I found it eventually . I know they where in Luxembourg.

Reactions: kayemill
Did you buy from Audi or another supplier? Do you have sizes for the front grille rings and RS3 badge?
You need to buy the official badge at least for the front RS3. It is totally different from the previous version and is attached differently.

The badges are not cheap but I agree about using official ones.

Can’t beat the Audi OEM badges.

Don’t lose their gloss, and are the correct size for the 8Y RS3.

60k car doesn’t warrant £80 badge set

I however have zero issues with paying $100 vs $450 for a rear aftermarket RS3 badge and a set of gloss black painted Audi rings for the brand new RS3 I paid $115,000 cash for, as long as it does the job and looks good.

Regarding the front RS3 badge, well, looks like I'll need to order at least that one through Audi.

Reactions: 8YARWY
I however have zero issues with paying $100 vs $450 for a rear aftermarket RS3 badge and a set of gloss black painted Audi rings for the brand new RS3 I paid $115,000 cash for, as long as it does the job and looks good.

Regarding the front RS3 badge, well, looks like I'll need to order at least that one through Audi.
I understand now.......not a uk order :respekt:

@eleven_ UK pricing for a set of 4 badges is £165-185. If I was you I would reach out to Crewe Audi UK and ask them how much it would cost to post it to you as it might end up being cheaper.

Reactions: creweaudiparts
@eleven_ UK pricing for a set of 4 badges is £165-185. If I was you I would reach out to Crewe Audi UK and ask them how much it would cost to post it to you as it might end up being cheaper.
That's no where near as horrendous a price for 4 badges, cheers.

Reactions: 8YARWY
That's no where near as horrendous a price for 4 badges, cheers.

Lol I did say this in my reply to speak to Crewe audi didn’t I ?

You just dismissed them without even getting a price.

Reactions: creweaudiparts
Lol I did say this in my reply to speak to Crewe audi didn’t I ?

You just dismissed them without even getting a price.

Sorry mate, I just assumed all Audi prices were same as we get here in Western Australia...Our dealership has a monopoly, the next one is only 2713kms away :thumbs up:

Reactions: 8YARWY and creweaudiparts