Battery change problems

147bear

Reaction score
Looking for advise please guys , car wouldnt start other day was getting fault esp lights on my s3 so changed battery car started straight away but now noticed a couple of problems first parking sensors front and rear dont work and the sound off seat belt off alarm not working what ive noticed so far, anyone any ideas checked fuses fine anyone else had problems after a battery change out??

Remove both terminals away from the battery, and whilst they are away short them together with a spanner for about 10 seconds. Re-connect to the battery and try.
This is very safe to do i, i wouldn't of said to do it, if i haven't done it myself perfectly safe.

Shorting out the battery will fix sensor problems?have you had same problem and this fixed issue mate if so have you any idea why it does.

Seeing as you have only had the problem, since changing the battery, try it. It's free. If it doesn't work, pay someone with vcds to scan your car

Shorting out the battery will fix sensor problems?.

Don't put the spanner across the battery terminals. The cables you take off the battery, put the spanner across these.

Reactions: vivalacoulter and Marek196c
Yeh, not the battery itself or the spanner will ping off into your face.
The only thing that needs resetting normally is yer auto windows.

Reactions: Marek196c
and drive for 70 yards to re calibrate steering wheel sensor xD (getting rid of abs or esp and steering lights)