battery drain on tt

ty160

s3 tys
Reaction score
hey all my battery is dieing on my tt after 3 days any help have checked for draws and all it is drawing when locked and swithed off is 0.02 any ideas is it a faulty alternator is a brand new battery and alternator charges it ok?? any help please driving me mad

Hi,

I've got an '03 S3 and the same happens. If I park it on a Friday and don't use until a Monday, it's usually flat and I need to jump lead it. I had an auto electrician check it over and he said the same as above, 20mA drain when all switched off. This shouldn't be enough to drain a battery over three nights.

I'm guessing that as it charges OK on a shortish drive once jump lead started, it means it's charging and that the alternator is OK?

Daft question, what's an RNS-E??

Thanks

OK thanks, I have a SatNav head unit, a Navigation Plus and the car has the Bose system as well. Still, only 20mA drain doesn't sound like enough to take the battery down over three days. The Auto Electrician checked it over several hours too, after the car went to sleep. It never changed from 20mA.

The RNS has a not very well known (afaik) issue of coming on then off many times when not in use that has been known to cause this exact issue, has also been known to happen on other audi oem radios by reports from my audi tech mates, its not all units btw, just some.

I would disconnect your nav for a while see if it helps at all, just make sure you have your code beforehand even if the rns remembers the last vin, anomolies do happen, so be prepared.

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try. Is it repairable if it is that or am I faced with a new unit?

Cheers

Until you've tested without unit plugged in then I wouldnt like to speculate, test for a week then come back with test results mate, using exactly same scenario as when went flat.

Thanks, possibly daft question but is there a fuse I can pull to take out the unit, if so which is it? I guess this would be the easiest way.

Cheers

hey the battery drain was the car not goin in to sleep mode had to send my dashpod cluster for repair hope this helps