Help Please Battery issue ?

dimitar.tuntov.5

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Saturday inwas driving the car to London and return about 100 miles no issue and Monday morning i can’t start the car ...
i can’t take the key out of the dash as well for like 10-15 mins , needles not sweeping and nothing !
Yesterday i bought a smart charger from Halfords and i put the car on charge and this morning was still not done ...
Anyone can tell me how to open the boot and am i doing the right things to charge the car from the terminals at the front in the engine bay ?
I bought a good charger so i hope we can save the battery but if not -?
Is it really expensive and need coding ?
I don’t have start/stop and it is 3.0T petrol engine. Why i can’t lock the car as well will help
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks

Audi S4 lover

Saturday inwas driving the car to London and return about 100 miles no issue and Monday morning i can’t start the car ...
i can’t take the key out of the dash as well for like 10-15 mins , needles not sweeping and nothing !
Yesterday i bought a smart charger from Halfords and i put the car on charge and this morning was still not done ...
Anyone can tell me how to open the boot and am i doing the right things to charge the car from the terminals at the front in the engine bay ?
I bought a good charger so i hope we can save the battery but if not -?
Is it really expensive and need coding ?
I don’t have start/stop and it is 3.0T petrol engine. Why i can’t lock the car as well will help
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks

Audi S4 lover
The marked up terminals at the back of the engine bay (positive under a plastic flap in the scuttle panel, negative on the bulkhead nearer the engine) are there for just that reason. I use them regularly to keep my battery topped up (as it doesn't get used much).
Recommend a C-TEK charger for trickle charging and conditioning the battery.
I've also enabled the battery meter in the MMI, which helps with keeping an eye on it.

As for the underlying problem... perhaps something is shorting out, and so draining the battery excessively(?)

Any way to scan for errors?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was not able to put the car on the ignition to scan it ... no mmi option but i will try to activate it today + aircon scale as well !
I bought £60 Halfords Smart charger which is the better on for up to 3L engines and all kind batteries AGL, acid etc etc
Hope
That today will be charged so incan play with the vag com and activate a few bits and bobs

Normally when i took the key out and lock the car everything goes off - the car is on the driveway and i will see if anything is on ... bit No :( i see nothing wrong with it!
Hope that is only the battery that need charge !

Audi S4 lover

IMG 5306

Otherwise that is the charger !
They don’t sell Other brands but i was looking to buy one asap

Audi S4 lover

Be aware that it seems that AGM batteries do not seem to like being heavily discharged, so that battery might now be U/S though whither it became U/S and so "looks" discharged or your car has drained it and it is truly discharged now I could not say. It would help if you had a DMM to check possible current drain when car is stopped, that charger will take a long time to bring that size of battery back up to fully charged if that battery is still fit for use as its capacity is 92AH and your charger will only hand out 6A tops.