Battery Low Charge Warning When Starting Up

Metalmicky

Reaction score
i got a one year old facelift S1 with 3000 miles on clock the past couple of days I have a warning come up on dashboard saying the battery/electricals charge is low & should drive the car to charge not sure if this is down to me not driving it much the first time the warning came up was after I had not driven for 2 days & it was parked up my worry is if I leave it for a long period of time without driving will it run flat I intend to leave it a couple of weeks in Heathrow next month do I need to get it checked out as I don’t want to come back from my hols & have a flat battery surely this can’t be right ?

i got a one year old facelift S1 with 3000 miles on clock the past couple of days I have a warning come up on dashboard saying the battery/electricals charge is low & should drive the car to charge not sure if this is down to me not driving it much the first time the warning came up was after I had not driven for 2 days & it was parked up my worry is if I leave it for a long period of time without driving will it run flat I intend to leave it a couple of weeks in Heathrow next month do I need to get it checked out as I don’t want to come back from my hols & have a flat battery surely this can’t be right ?
Do you have a dashcam or some other device plugged in to a perm live?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A decent battery should last week's if it not having any significant current used. Sounds like you either have something drawing or a duff battery. Are the terminals clean? Not furred up.

I'd definitely get it checked mate, my S3 sat unused for a week when we went away and started first turn of the key with no warnings.

As above really mate, my car was parked at the airport for just over 2 weeks and no such issues on return.

Yes thanks guys must be a battery problem as I said I got no external drains known only thing I have had fitted was an auto watch ghost immobiliser 3 weeks ago but this problem only started a few days ago would that be of concern ?

Yes thanks guys must be a battery problem as I said I got no external drains known only thing I have had fitted was an auto watch ghost immobiliser 3 weeks ago but this problem only started a few days ago would that be of concern ?
It might. A low to moderate current consumption device will take time to remove sufficient charge from the battery to the point where it becomes significant and noticeable. I'd either get the fitter to check the installation, or do it yourself if you know what you're doing and have the equipment.

Reactions: suzannec
No, I have the ghost system fitted on mine, I do short trips all week with all heaters/blowers on, mirrors and rear window heater on, main lights on, 2 dashcams running, radio on, phone charging, led extended lights inside all on full...no low battery warnings here.

I don't even think the Ghost system goes live until the key is turned/start button is pressed.

Are there any issues disconnecting/re-connecting a battery on these cars or is it just a problem replacing the battery? If it's ok to disconnect, you could connect a multimeter on low current range, check how much is being drawn when everything is switched off and calculate how long it should take to flatten the battery.