Battery re-location kit.

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can get a battery re-location kit? One with battery tray, cable .etc

Thanks

Rich

034 do a cable one. you could fab your own quite well i would think..

how about using a small battery with high capacity batcap do one i have one for my ice supporting over 3000wrms and would easily crank your motor, it cranks a v8... hth

I'd be interested in one for the Ibiza - thinking of moving the battery to the spare wheel well to improve weight distribution.

I just read an article in PVW last month where they relocated the battery to the rear of the car and used the harness and battery mount from another VAG car which already has a boot mounted battery. (Beetle cab I think, but not sure?)

I'll re-read it tonight and post the details but i seem to remember that they said it was expensive

Well can get more or less everything i need from Demon Tweeks (why did i not think of that before!?). So the cable, battery clamps .etc and then i can use my existing battery try, and make a small false floor in the wheel well. Should work OK i think.

Rich

Rich, I have some super douper heavy duty battery cable if you need some? Its from a BMW; they use the really thick stuff.

its got clamps on both ends. Measuring the overall diameter of the cable is 16mm, take off say 4mm for the insulation gives an approx of 12mm inner core. But it looks much fatter

In my younger days I used 25 sqmm meter tails(the wire that connects your consumer unit to the electricity meter. super safe as it is double insulated with soldered on terminations :)
If you put your battery in the boot you need to install some ventilation to the outside, as when the battery is charging it may give off explosive gas.