Battery Relocation and cut-offs

ProjecTTrack

#MOARwin
Reaction score
Okay, so lets try and figure this battery relocation out!

The aim of the game is to get the battery into the passenger footwell area and in the process install 2 cut-offs, 1 internal, 1 external.

First lets tackle the relocation.

Am i right in saying that the negative terminal currently just goes back to the chassis beneath the battery tray? And this this can essentially be removed and wherever the battery ends up, i just need to run a cable from the new battery negative terminal to a clean connection on the chassis?

If that's right, then would i be correct in saying i then need to find a connection block of some description and connect the two cables that were previously going to the positive terminal and run a new cable from there, to the new battery in the passenger footwell?

If that's correct and that's all that needs to be done then happy days. I'll then just need to find a decent place to mount the mini fusebox that used to sit on top of the battery...

Please tell me that's correct and that i understand what i'm doing!!!

Assuming the above is all correct then presumably (And to meet MSA guidelines that VT mentioned) i'll just need to install 2 cut-offs, both of which can go in the new cable that's been run from the existing positive terminal cables to the new positive terminal?

So what have people done for internal and particularly external cut-offs?

I guess what i'm saying is, let me see your switches guys!