Battery removal/alarm question

tefkab

Reaction score
Hi all

I have an 07 A3 Sportback 8P 2.0 tdi and want to take the battery out to charge it. When I disconnect it the alarm goes off and, despite spending ages looking at the book, Internet etc I can't work out how to switch the flipping thing off! I've removed fuse 17 in the fuse box (rh side of dash) and this doesn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have disconnected and even removed mine with no alarm sounding?

Defo not imagining it! High pitched loud beeps from the drivers side wiper motor ish area. On for about 30s then off for a bit then back on etc. I guess the alarm system must have its own battery.

Yeah i'm sure it would have it's own battery back up

Alarm does have it's own battery and they do go wrong after a number of years.
Just leave the battery on and connected in the car and connect a charger, +ve lead to battery terminal and -ve lead to solid metal part of the engine or chassis.

Yeah that wasn't possible I'm afraid due to parking location and no garage etc. Anyway, I sort of found a fix, not ideal but I had to leave it unlocked for a few hours. If I disconnected the battery when the car was unlocked, the alarm didn't go off.

Reactions: SootySport
Yeah that wasn't possible I'm afraid due to parking location and no garage etc. Anyway, I sort of found a fix, not ideal but I had to leave it unlocked for a few hours. If I disconnected the battery when the car was unlocked, the alarm didn't go off.
Wow. Is anyone else flabbergasted?

If I disconnected the battery when the car was unlocked, the alarm didn't go off.
lol why were you trying to take a battery off a locked car, of course the alarm would go off

Reactions: audismart