BBS LM Reps

Daveiow

Reaction score
Well I should be getting a 1.8t qs Avant tomorow So I have started to look at wheel options. I like the LM'S (reps! cant afford the real thing) and was wondering if an 18" 8.5 with an et45 will these be ok will I need spacers etc and what tyres 225 ??

Regards

David

with an 8.5" rim u will need to drop the offset to around the 35-38 mark to clear the suspension arms on the inside, so a set of 7 or 10mm spacers would do. you can get 10mm hubcentric spacers, which i think id prefer to flat 7mm ones.

225/40 tyres are technically abit narrow for 8.5" though they will work with abit of stretch

as for pics: check out www.s4wheelgallery.com

mine is running BBS CH's, not an avant tho:

so the offset of the wheels will need to be around 38 I take it this will be the same weather an 8" or 8.5"

careful with the LM reps seen some very scrappy ones after a few months

I have seen the same.. I think the BM Autosport ones seem to be the best. Although at the mo its just an idea.. I do likle the A8 Sport 18"s, Fat fives, CH'S etc....

But will need to sort the suspension out first.. ALthough there doesnt seem to be many choices for a 1.8T QS ?

anything will fit if you have the $ and the commitment! :)

Lol..just looking for somthing to bolt on no problems and lower it..

Paid a deposit on the car today picking up tomorow... so let the fun begin..Will start a thread once Ive got it with pics etc

I bought mine from www.merseyspeed.co.uk I have had no issue's with peeling lacquer or alloy corrosion. I also opted for powder coat on the rim / lip. Wheel's with multi spoke wheel's look the nut's when clean, just apply a good rim wax..

any pics ?

th_IMG_2162.jpg
th_IMG_2165.jpg
th_IMG_2164-1.jpg
th_IMG_2239-1.jpg

Some folks pocket's aren't deep enough. I'm well happy with my rep's thank's.

Who, in gods name, with a B5 is going to buy REAL LM's retail! The fu**ing things would be worth more than the car and then some (even some s4's)......Silly thing to say that.

Who, in gods name, with a B5 is going to buy REAL LM's retail! The fu**ing things would be worth more than the car and then some (even some s4's)......Silly thing to say that.

I paid 42k (Sterling) for mine in 1999 and I still have it. I have the original MTM car which I swapped to AmD software and now AutoSPEED custom software.

It's here with me in the US now!

I also have a B5 RS4 with 530whp (that's power measured at the wheels). This equates to roughly 650BHP (crank).

Best wishes,

Ram

s4wheelgallery.com has lots of pics.

Personally i dont think 8.5" rims fit a B5 properly. They're too wide, so you need to drop the offset right down, then stick on stupidly narrow tyres for the rim so they clear the arches. Stick to 8" if you can.

Think ill just get some rs4 reps for time being untill I can decide what I really want/works