Be wary of Meguiars it may not be all good.

steeve

Reaction score
I've always rated Meguiars stuff, but I'm surprised at their sod off attiude.

I have recommended Swirl X, it's a good product but not something you're likely to use a lot of so a bottle goes hell of a long way.

I have a bottle still about 95% full. Its not a new bottle by any means but I have older stuff on my shelves.

The bottle is a strange thing in that it has corrugations moulded in the plastic down each side. It looks as though its there to help squeeze the contents out when you need it.

Sadly the plastic at the root of these 'corrugations' is (I've found out) paper thin and splits with little use.

The bottle is not fit for purpose, so I emailed them to say the bottle's failed and now when I squeeze it it all pours of from the side. Quick response which basically says tough luck.

I'll have to find a nother container and try and salvage as much of it as I can.

So if your buying polish etc etc it's worth considering the quality of the container...............

I've no idea, sales and marketin executive it says.

Just out of curiosity squire, what did you ask them to do for ya, or possibly what did you want them to come back with?

I had the same thing happen with one of the Meg's polishes, I think when it burst it was about 12 years old though!

Just out of curiosity squire, what did you ask them to do for ya, or possibly what did you want them to come back with?

I wasn't expecting anything free. Just an acknowledgement that the bottles are not fit for purpose or a note to say, thanks for the information I'll pass that on.
I've managed to rescue much of what was in the bottle and put it in a shampoo bottle.

I used to rate megs products highly, but it seems that times have changed & profit comes before quality with them now.
The wash mitts now are crap & have found the falling apart after a few months, so wont be buying any more of them.
The DA I bought, went through a set of brushes after very little use, & seems to be corroding under the coating.
One of the best products they had was the slide lock brush which seems to be discontinued now. I mailed them to find out if they were still making them, but never even received a response from them.

The final nail in the coffin was them bringing out a waterless wash. From a company allegedly priding themselves on detailing products...

Deffo not what Meguiars used to be. I think they got bought out by 3M a fair while back. Who'd you speak to from there as I know a few in sales and marketing.

the trigger on 2 Meguires Quick detailer went faulty so I took it to their head office in Daventry to get a replacement trigger and was given three brand new replacements completely full even though both bottles were less than half full.
They were very helpful.