bearing arm recall

ajmackie

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I got my letter today about the recall.

Booked it in. Asked how much it would cost and they said it will be covered under warranty?!?!?!

They knew my reg, so must have known it was '99. Is this still warrantied!!!
Oh well if they fit a new one and charge me i'll tell em where to shove it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just had mine done and so sent a rude letter off to Audi asking them to compensate for the costs... waiting for a response...

i've genrally found the nicer you are to them the more they want to help you if you start being rude and agressive they tend to just switch off and you will have an up hill battle. Would you want to help someone who was being rude to you?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There was another post about this and it says on there which years it affects. I think you are safe with a late 99 but don't quote me on that. I had mine checked last weekend (97 1.8SE)and they say that there was no problem whatsoever!

Can anyone tell me which part the recall is for?

I have a 1997 A4 1.8T which has done 120k all by me. But I have had both the front lower track control arms replaced by my local garage at a cost of £410.

My car was checked by Audi today and they say no work is required and the work I have had done is not what the recall was for.

Any Advice would be welcome. Do you think I have a claim against Audi for my repairs? Is the recall for the lower track control arms?

basically as far as i am aware it is not a recall but a free servcie check which they are offering to you they are offering replacements as a courtesy if you meet the requirements ie you must have a full service history not even an audi service history just a full one that is my understanding of the situation anyway. and before you start shouting at me about the fact the letter states recall as far as i am aware that was because they had to use the recall system through the dvla there was no other way to contact all the current owners due to the age of the veh's involved

[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
[ QUOTE ]
ZeroK66 said:
I just had mine done and so sent a rude letter off to Audi asking them to compensate for the costs... waiting for a response...

[/ QUOTE ]

Audi called me... because of one stamp not being in the book - they will not refund.

My argument was that I had sent it in for a knock, paid $450 for a nwe set + installation, but the knock was still in there. Car back in and a further 300 for another set - and that sorted the problem.

My letter said they had mis-diagnosed and cost 450 for no reason, but as there is a recall anyway, could they refund.

The woman was not helpful and really p!ssed me off. I have spent £2k in the last 4-6 months on top notch maintenance through main dealers and they turn around and do this. I was looking at B6 1.8T Quattros, but seriously considering an alternative manufacturer now as they were so un-helpful. my experience before purchase right through to now has been generally un-pleasant. No wonder Audi rank amongst the lowest for customer satisfaction...

Pity... I was really looking forward to a 300brake 1.8T q B6! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have sent another very boring long letter detailing my story from start to finish and sent this to THREE managers in Audi asking them to re-consider... I REALLY want a B6 1.8t Quattro!!