Beauty and the beast...?

KudoWarrior

Reaction score
Can a car be beautiful and beastly? Lets see if my little TDI that could can get there.

Just thought I'd share my mods with you all. Also it allows me to document and show appreciation for the people that helped me with some of them.
So far most of them are fairly simple but they do give the car a better look and feel.

Car:2012 Audi A4 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line Black Edition

Lets start with Beauty...

Upgraded inner lights to LED:

Example pack for B8: http://www.auto-lighting.co.uk/prod...it-for-Audi-A4-B8-14pcs-cool-white-6000K.html

Super easy. Just ordered the LED pack online (can't remember from where) and it came with the plastic tools to pop everything open and replace the lights.

Painted callipers Rosso Red:
sq7aTI1.jpg

Went round a mates who has car axle stands (@fanta) - we removed the wheels, wire brushed the calipers of any discolouration and to make them smooth, painted them on the car and then put the wheels back on before allowing them to dry overnight.

Made some small changes with friends VCDS to add:
Needle sweep
Car lock chime
Lap timer

Illumination pack, LED (Installed by @Ash187) - Including:
- 4xfootwell lights (white)
- 4xpuddle lights (white)
- 1xglovebox light (white)
- 4xdoor warning light(red)
- 4xdoor handle lights (red)
- vent dial lights (front and back in red).
Dh6ZDb3.jpg

Auto folding mirrors (Installed by @Ash187)

LED Reverse lights (Supplied by @t8ups):
Yacg7BP.jpg

Really easy to fit, you can use the long metal tool in the boot under the spare wheel to loosen the bolts for each rear light cluster which is inside the boot and behind a small panel to the rear of each light cluster.
Once that is done, for the B8.5 you simply turn and pop out the individual light fixture for the reverse light and replace the bulb with the LED light.
No coding needed

PiperX air filter fitted:
http://www.thepipercrossshop.co.uk/...ngth-320mm-x-width-127mm-pp1782_p22540572.htm

Another easy one to do, a bit fiddly but shouldn't take more than 30mins.
On the b8.5 the air filter is located on the bottom left hand corner of the engine bay, all you need to do is undo the bolts on the filter cover (red circles)
bBIAgnB.jpg

(this may require you to unscrew (blue circles) and pull out the vent pipe leading into it as one of the bolts is quite tricky to get to otherwise.), replace the filter and then put everything back.
I found a disgusting amount of leaves, dirt and bugs underneath the filter which I have no idea how they got there so do expect to vacuum some stuff out before replacing and the filter was also dirty as hell.
Car sounds much healthier and a bit beefier now so even if no BHP was gained I'm happy to have changed it for those reasons alone.

Near future mods
I've got my RS4 grille in black on it's way which I'll fit along with the Ice white new fog lights @t8ups has supplied to me, hopefully next week sometime.
I'm also going to take her in for the back three windows to be tinted in a 35-50% tint next month.

Many many more mods to come (more performance based), just need the warranty to end before I start playing around with the engine and exhaust system.

Cheers for reading!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash187, Point_Audi, V6 Quatt and 2 others
Sounds very much like my B8 Avant. :salute:

I have LED's for the interior.
Recently added: Needle sweep, car lock chime & lap timer.
BMC life time Air filter.
Factory tints at the back.
Stage 1 Revo map.

Front view

Reactions: KudoWarrior
Cool mods @KudoWarrior , I really like the interior lighting and the auto folding mirrors! :)

Reactions: KudoWarrior
looks great mate.

how much did the auto mirrors set you back?