been a while but im back

Reaction score
hi everyone i havent been on for ages sold my s3 last year and gone back and bought a a3 1.8t sport (poss stage 2) defiantly stage 1 got a simple question to start im wiring in a boost and volt gauge im doing fine with the boost gauge but having major difficulties fitting the volt gauge help please i keep blowing fuses

cheers ... and glad to be back

steve

​Welcome back Steve. What year is the car? Post up a pic. Have a read over on the A3 section, lots of info in there. Enjoy. :)

hi sandra its a 1998 s plate - been looking around and cant quite find what im looking for. loads about boost oil gauges but none found yet for volt meter but i just bought some more fuses (100+) so ill be able to try a few more places lol

problem sorted i got rid of volt gauge figured it wasn't any use, just gone back to a standard air box with a k&n panel filter from a cheap carbon cone filter(really sounded awful) and ive got a new ths rear dog-bone mount to be fitted soon as ive noticed engine movement. hopefully going for a power-run soon at inter-pro - Bristol to find out what sort of power i am running :think:

Glad your sorted Steve. Post some pics over on the 8l section. :)

ok just got under my car to find the dogmount mount is only half there ???? the end that bolts on to gearbox is fine but the other end is simply a straight piece of metal which is bolted to the subframe - i see this is because previously somebody managed to snap the threads in the subframe THANKS to you sir, out comes the tap n die set again ....

ok just got under my car to find the dogmount mount is only half there ???? the end that bolts on to gearbox is fine but the other end is simply a straight piece of metal which is bolted to the subframe - i see this is because previously somebody managed to snap the threads in the subframe THANKS to you sir, out comes the tap n die set again ....

Your not having any luck Steve.