Been busy today.....

piehole1983

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Been a busy boy today and set about fitting some of the many parts I have gathered up for my 2005 Sportback. I've fitted facelift tail lights which make a massive difference to the car, love them!

Next I wanted to fit xenon headlights but my CEM was the lowline version and didn't have the coding options for them so I had to swap to a highline one. That turned out to be surprisingly easy! Fitted and coded to my car in less than half an hour. So I set about pulling the bumper off and fitting the xenon headlamps. Wasn't too bad of a job and had them done in about an hour. I have the complete wash system here too but that's for another day when it's dry again.

I plan to fit the auto levelling system too but currently it isn't "required" in N.I. to pass MOT but the wash system is.

Quick question on the operation of the lighting, has anyone set their car to switch on all lighting upon an unlock request from the key fob? Can it be done? Two of my neighbors have A6s and both of them keep the front fogs lit when they either open or lock their cars for a short time. I'd like something like that for my car too.