Benefits of service updates

AdamInKent

Reaction score
Hi all.

II have recently had my service updates applied to my early 2021 plate A3. I was wondering if others who have had their car updated have noticed many changes? I’ll kick off with:
  • Park assist icon added to parking sensor MMI view.
  • Engine braking on hills improved (my car used to engine brake sharply when starting slowly down a steep hill which it no longer seems to do).
  • Increased options for the Steering Wheel * button
Has anyone else spotted more?

Did you asked for the updates or where they carried automatically ?
I mean , did you have a recall for that ?

Did you asked for the updates or where they carried automatically ?
I mean , did you have a recall for that ?
There were three recalls on my car, which the service department told me about when I booked my car in for its first service (I might have prompted them by asking if there were any recalls). They tied up with the recalls for my car listed on Audi’s recall site: https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/feldmassnahmen.html

My dealer seems to have done a good job, with none of the problems with improperly installed software or missing licences that some have mentioned in this forum.

Just had the first maintenance service done today and I thought there will be some software update proceed too. But end up still having the same version of software.

Software Version: MHI_AS_AU_P3456
MMI Software Version: release-34.11-MQB-2033-SNAPSHOT-13.08-2020

@AdamInKent what is current software version on your car?

Last edited:
I ran a scan with the OBDEleven after i back home and i still have 3 fault codes exist.

23 Brake Boost
U14E400 - Transmission electronics control module
Received malfunction value - Intermittent

17 Dashboard
U14FE00 - Secure Onboard Communication
Signature inspection failed - Intermittent

01 Engine
P045800 - EVAP System Purge Control Valve "A" Circuit Low
Intermittent

Just had the first maintenance service done today and I thought there will be some software update proceed too. But end up still having the same version of software.

Software Version: MHI_AS_AU_P3456
MMI Software Version: release-34...SNAPSHOT-13.08-2020

@AdamInKent what is current software version on your car?
It looks like our software versions are not directly comparable as we live on different continents, but mine is:

Software Version: 3620
MMI Software Version: release-35...snapshot-28.06.2021…

So, it looks like I have newer software.

I was able to can check whether I was due updated software both via the link I shared in my previous post and via the MMI using car➡️settings➡️system maint.➡️ software update ➡️ search