Bent My Side Skirt :@

8385HJ

Reaction score
Jacked the car up earlier at the jacking point using a trolley jack and have now damaged my side skirt! its pushed in on the underside and bulged out the side of the skirt used a mallet to knock it in slightly but now the the skirt is flat now!, will have to get it fixed now at a bodyshop unnecessary spending.

To anyone who wants to jack their car up make sure u get a trolley jack that can fit under the pinch weld otherwise it will cause damage!!

Hussayn

i have heard of carving out a hockey puck to sit on the face of a trolley jack. most of the VW boys use this.

i to would like to find something that will sit on a trolley jack so i can lift my car up alot easier, i tried the hockey puck but my trolley jack has its own seating kind of face that doesnt let the hockey puck sit safely on the jack....

dsc05059.jpg

awaits for more ideas!

i have heard of carving out a hockey puck to sit on the face of a trolley jack. most of the VW boys use this.

i to would like to find something that will sit on a trolley jack so i can lift my car up alot easier, i tried the hockey puck but my trolley jack has its own seating kind of face that doesnt let the hockey puck sit safely on the jack....

awaits for more ideas!

Need to find another better idea for use with the trolley jacks. Hopefully this does not happen to anyone else on here

dsc05059.jpg

awaits for more ideas!

What I did was to get a chunk of wood, and cut that sort shape whole through the middle of it, which sits on the plate on the trolley jack, lifts the car slightly away from the jack as well.