Best Aftermarket Bulbs?

A3 Sport

Reaction score
Im thinking about changing my bulbs in my Halogen headlights (8P3). Ideally, Id like some Xenon white headlight bulbs, not the blue chavvy things, some that look OEM and that are road legal!

Any Ideas People? :icon_thumright:

Yeah but loads seem to be the blue type ones that look like some scally would use on his 13 year old 1.1 Saxo...

does anyone know the bulbs needed for an 04 plate TDI? ie h....

thanks mike!! Any chance you would like to help me out :)

I do but im a bit clueless - didnt realise it would be in there! To prove this, ill ask the following clueless question - are the lights all in 1? or do i have to buy the main lights and side lights seperately? Is this what most people do?

I do but im a bit clueless - didnt realise it would be in there! To prove this, ill ask the following clueless question - are the lights all in 1? or do i have to buy the main lights and side lights seperately? Is this what most people do?

Main beam - H7's - halogen

Dipped beam - H7's - halogen

Sidelights - 501's - tungsten

Are you really being serious or just having me on ???!!! lol

im being serious - i love cars but not very clued up on them! fortunately i have a family that work in cars, though i dont like to hassle them all the time hence why i joined up here!

next stupid question - what the hell was your last post about??!?!! halogen, tungsten? eh?!!!

Why do you want to know all this ?

Please do not even consider doing anything yourself if you are as clueless as you appear to be !

Take it somewhere, anywhere, where they can do it for you.

If you really do not know what I am on about then I'm not sure you should even be driving, never mind thinking of changing things !! :crying:

Clearly you can read and write so please :rtfm:

ha ha! one of my brothers works as a technician for Audi and my father runs a VW garage so i have never had to fit anything myself. I simply but what i want and get it fitted for me. I am simply asking on here as i dont want to constantly hassle them as this week they are already fitting my s-line spoiler, lowering springs, led number plate lights and doing a diagnostics check free of charge!

I simply want to know what bulbs to get!

Post #4 or #5 in H7's for both main beam and dipped beam.

Don't have the 501's changed - it's too complicated to explain why !

Dare I ask, with a family of experienced car blokes around you, what you do ?

im a teacher! I have always loved cars but not a hands on kind of guy so pretty rubbish at everything to do with them! thanks for the help pal

final question - are the main beam and dip beam in the same bulb or are they different bulbs (ie i need to buy 2 sets)

thanks again

You don't teach science then if you don't understand halogen and tungsten !

One's a gas and the others a metal - have a guess which is which !!lol

ha ha no I dont teach science! i know the difference - i just dont see the relevance of you telling me when all i was after was what bulbs would need changing etc...........

ha ha no I dont teach science! i know the difference - i just dont see the relevance of you telling me when all i was after was what bulbs would need changing etc...........

Just to make sure you didn't go anywhere near xenons ! (That's another gas ! )

nightbreaker plus were pretty good for me .....the philips extreme very expensive as said 4x h7 required

Just came across this post whilst doing some googling that's all. Saw your replies and laughed.