Best and most unobtrusive/up to date high res dashcam

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
Whats the ideal dashcam to buy for my new car including installation anyone know companies that do this been on here more years than l care to remember and never do post help threads but tonight this is my 2nd thread lol

Whats the ideal dashcam to buy for my new car including installation anyone know companies that do this been on here more years than l care to remember and never do post help threads but tonight this is my 2nd thread lol
I have BOSCAM and it is very good front and rear :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have experience with 2 dashcam brands. Blackvue and Garmin.

The Blackvue is hardwired into the S3 and is certainly more noticeable than the Garmin. I installed in right in front of the rearview mirror so I cannot see it while driving. The app and video quality is really clear and I have had no issues to date. You can even look into battery backups for parking mode if that is what's needed (I did not). Also you can add a 2nd cam and record behind you. I did not as this will consume more memory card space.
https://blackvue.com/product/dr900x-1ch/

The easiest and compact way to go would be the Garmin. I have this one in my wife's Acura and it secures via magnetic base and is quick to take out when parked on the street. It does have lane assist and other features but I tend to find those as a bit of a pain so they are all off. No issues with the little guy and it is also mounted behind the rearview out of line of sight.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/661782/pn/010-02231-00

Best of luck on your search! Cheers.

I have the Thinkware F770 pro. Was fitted by Alix and is very unobtrusive and very impressed still with the quality of the cameras (front and rear).

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I would suggest the Thinkware F700, F800Pro or Q800Pro cameras. amazing quality build and video recording with time-lapse, motion, sound and vibration sensitive parking modes. The latter two are completely set and forget with the F770 needing a memory card format every two weeks.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and THQuattro
I would suggest the Thinkware F700, F800Pro or Q800Pro cameras. amazing quality build and video recording with time-lapse, motion, sound and vibration sensitive parking modes. The latter two are completely set and forget with the F770 needing a memory card format every two weeks.
Been looking at these 2 plus the Audi utr
What's the average cost of fitting???
42637ac6f1257542b190910655e98000.jpg
869107c42333bb45fca1f046dec1544f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv
While the U1000 is a great camera it’s not small, and the form factor does not lend itself to a “hidden” installation. The way the cables run also look messy on a windscreen. Will find some examples of installations I have completed so you can see.

I myself run the Q800Pro as I think it’s the best unit available.

my pricing looks to be the same for the Q800Pro hardware wise, cannot see a price for the U1000 on your screen shot but I would ask £410.00.

For a hardwired and hidden installation I ask £100.00 for a 2CH system on non SUV vehicles.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
While the U1000 is a great camera it’s not small, and the form factor does not lend itself to a “hidden” installation. The way the cables run also look messy on a windscreen. Will find some examples of installations I have completed so you can see.

I myself run the Q800Pro as I think it’s the best unit available.

my pricing looks to be the same for the Q800Pro hardware wise, cannot see a price for the U1000 on your screen shot but I would ask £410.00.

For a hardwired and hidden installation I ask £100.00 for a 2CH system on non SUV vehicles.
Thanks for the information most kind l am up in Glasgow mate so we are a good bit aways from each other ill go with the q800 pro

I thought the brief was unobtrusive , it's like someone satin black spray painted a house brick .

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
I thought the brief was unobtrusive , it's like someone satin black spray painted a house brick .
True I actually purchased a dashcam last year but as soon as l unboxed it was then put straight back in its box and returned

Reactions: pburv and Gazwould
Very nice yeah l get what you mean with the design of the u1000 design
Thanks james

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Another 800pro here. Great dash cam.
Been running Thinkware dash cams for 3 years in both cars. Set and forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
It is like sticking some CB radio or massive old fashion ericsson/motorola/nokia 5110 phone onto windscreen glass it just looks silly
Interesting, so just purely an aesthetics thing?

Reactions: Potterswheel
Interesting, so just purely an aesthetics thing?
For me yeah .. For accident / incident prove which happens not often I choosed small form factor and 'stealth' setup :)

Reactions: Gazwould
For me yeah .. For accident / incident prove which happens not often I choosed small form factor and 'stealth' setup :)
So your gonna leave your mobile device on a suction mount stuck in the middle of the windscreen, with a cable trailing over the dash, connected to your vehicles 12v / usb? Interesting. My iPhone 12 Pro and wife’s 11 pro max are larger than lets say an F800Pro, for example, and would need to be mounted very high up a screen in order to not be an obstruction or distraction while driving. For parking mode an guessing you would be happy to leave said device on said mount with no power management to protect your vehicles battery in order to pick up on any events while you are away?

Reactions: Potterswheel

Screenshot 20210307 124300 Chrome

Screenshot 20210307 124413 Chrome

I've these still to put in .

But here's the one I've had for some years now .

20180415 103550

20180116 110432 1

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Peter Peter
View attachment 216692

View attachment 216693

I've these still to put in .

But here's the one I've had for some years now .

View attachment 216694

View attachment 216695
Nice and neat for sure but I have had a number of customers install these DDPAI units return for thinkware Q800pro’s due to hardware failures and DAB interference.

I am able to officially and install supply thinkware, blackvue and next base systems, I actually make way more from Blackvue cameras but I only recommend thinkware as they are reliable and never have any issues. Next base started out really good but their recent offerings are just dog eggs (my real thoughts would be censored), blackvue units are large, complicated and way over priced, the quality it just not there, however if you want cloud connectivity they are the leader.

So your gonna leave your mobile device on a suction mount stuck in the middle of the windscreen, with a cable trailing over the dash, connected to your vehicles 12v / usb? Interesting. My iPhone 12 Pro and wife’s 11 pro max are larger than lets say an F800Pro, for example, and would need to be mounted very high up a screen in order to not be an obstruction or distraction while driving. For parking mode an guessing you would be happy to leave said device on said mount with no power management to protect your vehicles battery in order to pick up on any events while you are away?
Just leave it u didn't get me at all.. :) I didn't say phone you use daily, but older cheap smartphone with 4k record with 5-6'' would look nicer which you would have there all the time for record purposes only.. Why u arguing when u said same thing in post 15 form factor is bad???

Fair enough DJA , I haven't got DAB and had mine for over 3 years .

+ they're good value .

Fair enough DJA , I haven't got DAB and had mine for over 3 years .

+ they're good value .
Only mentioning from experience and at the end of the day any camera is better than none at all.

Just leave it u didn't get me at all.. :) I didn't say phone you use daily, but older cheap smartphone with 4k record with 5-6'' would look nicer which you would have there all the time for record purposes only.. Why u arguing when u said same thing in post 15 form factor is bad???
Not arguing, having a discussion and trying to get views so that others reading this thread can see different requirements, points of view and solutions. What’s good for one it not always good for another.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
So today I purchased the Thinkware Q800 front and rear camera set £289 another thing ticked off my list for my TT will just to source a good installer near myself

Reactions: 8YARWY
So today I purchased the Thinkware Q800 front and rear camera set £289 another thing ticked off my list for my TT will just to source a good installer near myself

I bought this to get a longer parking mode and stop the car battery getting drained.
5e3c61db3894905d224dc4661ed4ad91.jpg

74c14b814d43a8a4249b5421e8b9d05b.jpg

You spending a lot lately

I bought this to get a longer parking mode and stop the car battery getting drained.
5e3c61db3894905d224dc4661ed4ad91.jpg

74c14b814d43a8a4249b5421e8b9d05b.jpg

Gone for it......thanks mate hopefully all this i spy with my little eye stuff will bring my insurance down a little i had to cancel the car insurance today so they told me then they charged me for doing so....annoyed me that did

Reactions: 8YARWY