Best cleaning and & polish?

robertscott

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I just took delivery of my Audi A4 black edition in Misano Red (Awesome colour).

My wife doesn't quite get that regular car washes aren't going cut it "It's only £4 every time" she said.

What would you recommend for home cleaning, powerwashing then polishing/waxing etc. I don't want to go crazy, maybe a few products to get the car gleaming and staying that way for a few weeks. And also polishing out some cleaning swirls etc.

Cheers

It's a slippery slope!

Previously, I washed my car(2001 Polo) twice in the 2 years I had it. Never vacuumed it once.

I got a 2005 A3 in November, and decided to keep it clean.
I have a hosepipe, buckets and a wash mitt, so bought some shampoo, clay kit and wax from Halfords on their 3 for 2 offer which seems to be like a never ending DFS "Sale".

I now wash the car weekly, and have taken to "borrowing" relatives cars to clean.
I bought a pressure washer two weeks ago, but haven't used it because of the time it takes to set it up.

I have just reserved a clay mitt, leather cleaner(I don't even have leather seats, but a friend has leather seats which I want to give them a go), and a drying towel.

What do you have currently to wash the car?

I don't have anything yet, the car is a week old :)

I'm thinking a decent foam washer, drying towel, werkstat prime and werkstat jett

It always starts with just a few bits, but dam it's addictive

Reactions: Swanny356
Oh my what are those things on the wall?! My garage is sitting empty so plenty space to stock up :)

Oh my what are those things on the wall?! My garage is sitting empty so plenty space to stock up :)
they are water filters,so once the car is washed rinse it over with filtered water and you can let it dry on its own without getting water marks.it almost dries its self.!

Thats bad ***. Think it'll be a while before i get that ;-) I'll stick to a foam wash, billberry wheel cleaner but what polish/wax?

And should I use a clay mitt right away before waxing etc, Is it ok to use shampoo as lubricant or best to use a proper clay lubricant?

I would say a lubricant specifically for the task will be better than "some" shampoos.
If you got to page 3 of this forum, you will see a few guides on recommended products for different types/colours of Audi paints.

First came car envy, then modding envy and now I have detailing kit envy!

I just had to put up another shelf for my new products and felt quite proud until I saw that.:hubbahubba:

Note to self

STOP READING THESE FORUMS!!!!!!!!:respekt:

:yahoo:I take it all back - just noticed the bottle of Weedol!

Is that to kill the moss on the cab's roof???

LOL