Best couriers for sending rims and tyres.

Ultra Violent

Reaction score
Hey peeps.

As the title says, I'm looking around for a cheap-ish courier for selling my rims.
Not sure if anyone else has done this before, but I thought I'd ask.

Thought I'd better search it out incase they sell.
I reckon they weigh around 20kg each. Will stick them on the scales tomorrow
Just thought I'd get a few options.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Scott.

Paisley freight

Reactions: 45bvtc
Thanks for the prompt response Sandra.
Never heard off them. Will check them out though.
Have you used them before??

Just checked their website, looks ideal. They even have a quote for 4 x 19's with tyres.
Awesome. :grin::grinning:

Hate to be a party pooper as I'm looking for someone to do the same thing
Just Google them and read the reviews before you book anything...

You could also try parcel force or my Hermes

I've used used Paisley Freight for some 5-years now and 3-times over the past 3-months and they've always been 100%. I've had wheels and tyres and/or tyres collected within 2-hours and recently had a set of four 17-inch rims and tyres collected and delivered 150-miles away within 24-hours of placing the order to ship - shown here awaiting collection:

ALL PACKED P1030644xx

100% recommendation from me...
smileyfaceapplausegif_zps0lew9opx.gif

Reactions: Sandra and Ultra Violent
For tyre ship I just bubble-wrap the outside and then cling-film wrap all round and then secure the ship label with brown tape, like so:

Tyre ship

For a wheel or wheel and tyre I protect both the inside and outside face of the wheel rim with cardboard and then bubble-wrap and cling-film wrap all round and then secure the ship label with brown tape, like so:

Wheel ship

Reactions: Ultra Violent and Sandra
We also use Paisely Freight (although it is actually APC normally who collect) and they are very good. The thing is with Google reviews for delivery companies is the only time anyone would put a review on is if they have had a bad experience normally and all courier companies have bad reviews.

Reactions: Sandra
As above I have used Paisley freight a few times with no issues.They always seem to subcontract to other companies. A few years ago I looked up the business address on Google street maps and it was a house. There was a transit van outside sign written Paisley freight.
These days looks like they have a factory unit to work out of.
So it seems they just have contracts with other existing parcel delivery companies and use them to collect and deliver your parcel.
As John says above you need to protect alloys with cardboard on the faces. I pop up the local trading estate there are always loads of skips full of cardboard that is being disposed of.
It seems that they want the wheels or tyres fully covered, black bin liners usually do the trick for me.

Another vote for Paisley freight here.

I've used them quite a few times over the years without issue