Best Halogen Bulbs?

Tempz

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on the best halogens for my 2009 Sportback. They are H7 halogens I believe. Also, is it a headlight out job to swap bulbs? Hope not!

Just 6 months warranty and 200 working hrs .

For longer lasting .

Reactions: Retroman
Looking for recommendations on the best halogens for my 2009 Sportback. They are H7 halogens I believe. Also, is it a headlight out job to swap bulbs? Hope not!
You might want to talk to the sites lights man @t8ups

Right so I've ordered Philips Xtreme Vision and White Vision. Can the below DRL be changed?

Attachments

• IMG_3125.JPG
    IMG_3125.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 129
I have these (DRL bulbs) in my car. No error codes, they look great compared to the poor halogen DRL/sidelights - the sidelights were very poor. They come from China but I've had them in the car for 14 months (I leave them on all the time) with no problems and my car has been through an MOT with a fussy garage. I tend to look for "cree" LEDs as they are supposed to be market leaders.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-PS1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I have these (DRL bulbs) in my car. No error codes, they look great compared to the poor halogen DRL/sidelights - the sidelights were very poor. They come from China but I've had them in the car for 14 months (I leave them on all the time) with no problems and my car has been through an MOT with a fussy garage. I tend to look for "cree" LEDs as they are supposed to be market leaders.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-PS19W-CREE-10W-AUDI-A3-LED-XENON-WHITE-DRL-SIDELIGHT-BULB-CANBUS-600LM/272572195062?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Thanks mate. Are yours blue or white? Prefer white but most look blue-ish..

Normal LED slight bluish/purple white - not like artificial blue Christmas tree lights I see on some cars :welcoming:

Seems like a real PITA to replace the headlight bulbs. Looking more and more likely that I'll have to take headlights out and bumper off. Unbelievable how difficult they've made it to do such a simple thing. Unless someone knows any other way?

The dipped beam and DRLs bulbs are tricky to change from the engine bay - but with perseverance it is perfectly possible - but with scratched hands. The tricky bit is being able to twist them enough to lock them in. I've heard some people say that you can do it via the wheel arches but I didn't find that any easier. It is a crap design :sadlike:

Changed my bulbs, a huge pain in the butt. Had to go through arch liner in the end.
Dipped beam - Ring Xenon 130
Main beam - Philips White Vision

To be honest the difference isn't that noticeable. Bit brighter and bit better visibility. None of them come close to factory xenons as expected of course.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-PS19W-CREE-10W-AUDI-A3-LED-XENON-WHITE-DRL-SIDELIGHT-BULB-CANBUS-600LM/272572195062?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Are these still going? I've found the ones you bought from eBay. My old led DRL bulb has started flickering (right side only). I installed them in July.

Yours still going strong?

Yours still going strong?
Still going strong with no problems - I chose them on the basis that they were LEDs manufactured by "Cree" - a company that has a top quality reputation for LEDs