Best one stage correction polish/method

Andrew Smith

Reaction score
Hello

Have dabbled with DA polishing before but not since I bought the audi.

I know audi paint is generally rated as quite hard where as previously I had a champ white type R which is notoriously soft paint.

My question is what products are best suited for a one stage correction for Daytona grey.
Couple of panels I want to remove some swirls and also on the black painted pillars between the door.
I've got some 3m ultrafina polish but not sure if this is abrasive enough?
Will be buying a small backing plate for my das6 so any recommendations on pad colour would be good too.

Thanks

I'd hit it with meguiars 305 polish, on a medium pad. Perfect combo for light to medium scratches and swirls, hit it with a good quality wax after , I'd use a poorboys white natty paste on yours personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andrew Smith
I'd hit it with meguiars 305 polish, on a medium pad. Perfect combo for light to medium scratches and swirls, hit it with a good quality wax after , I'd use a poorboys white natty paste on yours personally

Thanks for reply. When using a medium pad and that polish do you think you would need to do a final refining stage?
Or would that be fine for 1 stage correction ?

Depends on how the paintwork is tbh. Does it need clay baring? Run your hand over the surface and if you can feel rough patches, raised flecks etc your better off using a clay bar first, then do the as the above previously mentioned, should be all that's needed. :)

Here's mine today using the same process as above

Not bad for an 8 year old car :)

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood