Best place to buy oil

Sam reid

As the title says, where's cheapest to buy 5w30 castrol edge oil?

Been considering just getting 20 litres as I do an oil every 6000 miles

Cheers

RichMk3

I know its a strange one, but Asda had Castrol Edge at a very good price

RichMk3

I'm sure it was £29.99, I'll check when I'm in on sat. Your right about the 4L thing, I didn't give that a thought, right pain tbh.

RichMk3

/\ Much cheapness :D

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member

desertstorm

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Never used MyTyres myself but it's a massive operation and been around for several years, based in Germany like Tyreleader I think.
Looks like a good price for 20L delivered considering how much you might pay for just 4L.
Had a look on Ebay again and found this,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-L-LITE...831475?hash=item2c946e82f3:g:CwAAAOSw585WULEI
Works out at £28 for a 5L tin delivered. slightly more expensive than the single barrel.

Giosabcsl

As the title says, where's cheapest to buy 5w30 castrol edge oil?

Been considering just getting 20 litres as I do an oil every 6000 miles

Cheers

I know this is not exactly what you are after.

But if you have a Costco membership card or a friend with one. They sell most of the castrol edge range for £30 and quite often have specials.

Anything from 0w30, 5w30, 5w40 all at £30 ea.

Sam reid

I know this is not exactly what you are after.

But if you have a Costco membership card or a friend with one. They sell most of the castrol edge range for £30 and quite often have specials.

Anything from 0w30, 5w30, 5w40 all at £30 ea.

I do have a costco card, but the only oil I saw on offer when I was last there was the castrol magnatec, and unfortunately it was only for a 4 litre bottle :(

Sam reid

Went and ordered 20l from my tyres, seems a very good deal. Got an old 5 litre jug so I'll just decant it into that, a lot easier than pouring from a 20l barrel haha

Giosabcsl

I do have a costco card, but the only oil I saw on offer when I was last there was the castrol magnatec, and unfortunately it was only for a 4 litre bottle :(

Sorry to hear that. In Reading, Farnborough always have castrol Edge. But they sadly all are 4 litres.

i have a friend who works for Euro car parts and they are doing specials at the moment.

i use mobil new life oil 0w40 and hes doing that for me at 2 gallons for £60,

he can do Castrol at 2 gallons for £50

Bargin

Giosabcsl

i have a friend who works for Euro car parts and they are doing specials at the moment.

i use mobil new life oil 0w40 and hes doing that for me at 2 gallons for £60,

he can do Castrol at 2 gallons for £50

Bargin
seems expensive for the Mobil new life oil. As if i have calculated correctly 2 uk gallons is 9 litres for £60, Costco you can buy 10 litres for £60.

Thou the castrol deal is pretty good as its usually £30 for 4 litres from Costco.

gio

i meant gallon as in 5 ltrs.

they are normally around £50 - £60 for 5 ltrs.