Best place to get bluetooth installed (newcastle area)

Jonny-Smith

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Does anyone know where is best/cheapest to get a Parrot bluetooth kit fitted in the newcastle area.
Or even if there is anybody on here who fits them.

I've got a Rnse unit so dont think im up to doing it myself.

Cheers Jonny

Hi,

I've just got my lease TDi Sport an was intersted in an iPod cable. I went into AutoSounds on Scotswood Road yesterday to enquire and the guy was trying to sell me a parrot kit with iPod cable, fully installed for £229

My car has bluetooth already, so it wasn't an option for me - all I want is an iPod cable that will show track names and allow control of the iPod when it's in the glove box - they seemed to think it would be £159, but didn't seem too sure about track names etc.

Im local and I install OEM Audi and Fiscon Bluetooth kits that will work with the RNS-E. All modules, cables and microphone hidden away out of sight.

Definitely worth the extra money to get OEM Bluetooth installed with RNS-E functionality.

Only difference between OEM and Fiscon is that the Fiscon kit allows Bluetooth Music streaming (A2DP).

£320 supplied, fitted and coded.

Im local and I install OEM Audi and Fiscon Bluetooth kits that will work with the RNS-E. All modules, cables and microphone hidden away out of sight.

Definitely worth the extra money to get OEM Bluetooth installed with RNS-E functionality.

Only difference between OEM and Fiscon is that the Fiscon kit allows Bluetooth Music streaming (A2DP).

£320 supplied, fitted and coded.

One company suggested getting a price off Audi for the iPod cable - is this an option?? If not - how much would you chage to let me connect my iPod to the Concert Head Unit which allows track listings and control of the iPod ??

Cheers

Geoff

Thanks guys.

I've just rang autosounds and they wanted 60+vat to fit my parrot kit.

I just cant afford to buy the audi bluetooth kit at the moment as much as i would love to have control through my RNSE so was looking to just have my parrot kit fitted.

geoff if you get ipod connection it doesnt show track names fella ,as i have a ipod connection in mine that was factory fitted and it just shows nothing , very disappointing imo

Thanks guys.<br><br>I've just rang autosounds and they wanted 60+vat to fit my parrot kit.<br><br>I just cant afford to buy the audi bluetooth kit at the moment as much as i would love to have control through my RNSE so was looking to just have my parrot kit fitted.<br>

geoff if you get ipod connection it doesnt show track names fella ,as i have a ipod connection in mine that was factory fitted and it just shows nothing , very disappointing imo

That's is rubbish - my wife has a Ford Fiesta and it does the whole kebang, iPod, phone with caller lists, track names, everything.

I paid £250 for the Bluetooth option and it seems VERY basic to me??

The AutoSounds chap implied that they could do a cable for £159 that did track names etc on the head unit ???

Geoff

well if you want ill show you mine before you buy it mate ! but honest nothing comes up on mine . i have'nt a clue what song im playing unless i play it before putting it into the ipod connection !!! you might be able to get a cable mate but i would be cautious !! i dont like seeing people getting mis-sold things and 159 seems expensive for a cable . if you want to have a look before you buy just give me a shout fella :thumbsup:

If you want full track lists, aldums etc, you will need a ami unit ( plus mk2 rnse), the denison kit is your next best option to use your ipod...

Plus I can confirm the iPod connectivity gives you nothing other than track number and charging for the iPod.

Yes expensive, typical Audi!

Im in the same predicament for the RS and looks like I'll be getting the dension gateway 300 unit. Plugs into back of radio and gives you track/album names across the dis on the dash and charging.

Cheapest option and works well!