Best Pressure Washer

@scotty76 thanks mate that a different version.

I'm looking at the C130.2 which doesn't have the hose reel.

I did consider the Power grip which is exactly the same but with a pressure adjuster on the grip however that's £159.99 in Argos and not worth the extra.

Reactions: scotty76
I have had a Karcher k4 for like 4 years. It works very very well. Never had a problem. I use it like once a week, or at least once every fortnight.

Reactions: RAF_S7
4 Karchers in 4 years and 2 exploding hoses that nearly took my eyes out! The last Karcher stopped working after ONE use!!!

Defo not getting another one!!

Another +1 for Nilfisk, good value and very robust.
If I was in the market just now I'd get one with the wind up hose though, mine is a pain to coil up ;-)

It seems that it's far better to have an induction motor rather than the universal motor. C130 models seem to have either so model range is very confusing with different watt rates and water flow rates.

Last edited:
I heard that the ones with the wind up hose cause the hose to kink!
Mine (nilfisk Titan) has the wind up hose storage, I never use it takes too long and it's quicker just to coil it and pop it over the top handles.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I heard that the ones with the wind up hose cause the hose to kink!

Hadn't thought of that. I'm sticking with my semi-rigid for the time being anyhoos :)

I've got the C120.3 with normal and wobbly heads! Had it going for over 2 hours constant a couple of weeks back, impressive staying power, never missed a beat!

Ah yes, it's coming back to me now. My K3.97 has an induction motor which I remember now is one of the reasons I bought it 10 years ago. So the induction motor certainly seems to have lasted.

If anybody, like me, is in the market for a pressure washer, hold out for Amazon Prime Day on 12 July. Only open to Prime members and those on the 30 day free trial!

Well after extensive research and speaking to Nilfisk UK, the C130 1-6 Xtra seems to be the best bet and it has the more reliable induction motor rather than the cheaper less reliable universal motor!

Well after extensive research and speaking to Nilfisk UK, the C130 1-6 Xtra seems to be the best bet and it has the more reliable induction motor rather than the cheaper less reliable universal motor!
You have researched this a lot mate! :D I think you're in danger of wandering into this zone...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Paradox_of_Choice

I'm guilty of this too. I'd be gutted if I thought I'd made a sub-standard choice!! :)

Reactions: Scottyg and ScottishA4B9
Yeah I have been guilty in the past of getting the best model of something when the lesser would do me! Lol

@ScottishA4B9 - I'm assuming its the one on Amazon for £138.99
I wouldn't worry to much about the induction motor TBH
My current Nilfisk C110 gets hammered. I always wash both cars & clean the block paved drive with it (around 100 sq m worth) & my patio & pathways, which will take me 2 days & always in the warm weather and its never missed a beat (touch wood lol) in 7 years. My C110 has a 'normal' motor

I'm still going after the Argos one, but will be interested to hear your thought when you get your new one

Reactions: Scottyg
@Bristle Hound Whats making you get another pressure washer?

I did think about the power grip model that a few £ more but think I will just stick with the one from Amazon you pointed out.
Yes it's for 1 year less in warranty and abit dearer but reading all the reviews and advice online, I think it will be worth it for the induction motor. Not that I know a great deal about motors, just from what I've read.

Cheaper Jet washers use a universal motor compared to the better quality more reliable induction motor.
http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2007/0...universal-motors-in-your-electric-power-tools
Straight away one of the issues with universal motors is that they have brushes, Induction motors don't .
Induction motors are very much more efficient so produce less heat for any given power output, again much better for reliability.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and ScottishA4B9
My nilfisk was a cheapie, about £100 for the washer, detergent bottle, patio cleaner and drain cleaner, I actually don't know what kind of motor it"s got but it's been fine for about 3 or 4 years now (yellow one at same price lasted about 6 months).
As for brushless, splashed out almost £500 last year on a Makita drill/impact driver 5.0 brushless set, VVexpensive but worth every penny. They are the weight of a kid's toy but battery life and power are unbelievable.
When I'm next in the market for a power washer, or any other power tool, it will be brushless.

Well I just received my new pressure washer today:

Nilfisk D-PG 140.4-9 Xtra Dynamic Power Grip (140 bar)

Will give it a try later.

Well tried my new Nilfisk today. The bud quality is soooo much better than Karcher.

Reactions: feva and scotty76