Best Re-map for a 57 S3

eugegall

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im sure its been asked before but what re-map shall i get. an what gains am i looking at? also the cost please?

thanks

Hi All,

Im sure its been asked before but what re-map shall i get. an what gains am i looking at? also the cost please?

thanks

Just been through all of this myself.

Here's a very good thread for you.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=60133

After looking around here,I'm getting the AMD treatment on Tuesday,which I think is a Revo remap,and all of the feedback from here seems to have been very good on that.

Also gives you all you need to know about exhausts and intake on the same thread.

Iggu and several other guys here have been very helpful in making that choice easy.

REVO or GIAC are the two fav's on here.

I went for REVO in the end , the main points were

Local to my house ( in case of any problems )

Able to change/fine tune settings for your car ( boost , timing , fuel )

REVO are doing a offer where a remap and the select + switch are around the £600 mark instead of £800

Map for map and power graphs are roughly the same.

p

Hi.
I had mine APR'd at Awesome GTI in Manchester, and it's a good strong map giving 310bhp and 313ft/lbs. Car feels much better for it especially in the mid-range.
Hope this helps

If you're near any of these guys there is a deal on GIAC:

Regal Autosport - 02380 558638 (Southampton) - contact: Paul
Autograph Cars - 01282 43344 (Burnley) - contact: Barry
Veil Tuning - 01604 581555 (Northampton) - contact: Chris
Statller - 0800 980 1062 (Sheffield) - contact: Steve Jnr

But only through here:
http://www.s3-talk.com/index.php?showtopic=90

Very pleased so far with the work done by AMD.

310bhp and 360lbs of torque,and a bit more to come when it adapts.

The car is much stronger on road,and even a bit lighter on fuel (when you arent using the extra power).

I was tempted by the Milltek exhaust as well,so all in it was over £1500,but still a good price for all the bits and the excellent work.

If you're near any of these guys there is a deal on GIAC:

Regal Autosport - 02380 558638 (Southampton) - contact: Paul
Autograph Cars - 01282 43344 (Burnley) - contact: Barry
Veil Tuning - 01604 581555 (Northampton) - contact: Chris
Statller - 0800 980 1062 (Sheffield) - contact: Steve Jnr

But only through here:
http://www.s3-talk.com/index.php?showtopic=90

Good job you never done this on S3-talk you would get banned, like what I did!!!

s3bigandy - I saw your thread on s3-talk asking for an explanation on why a previous thread had been deleted, but the next time I looked the thread had been deleted. Whats the full story?

The guy who owns the site has a personal beef with TTS Roadsport, I posted a build thread about my car including links to company's who have done and will do work on my car he got the asre and deleted it then I wound him up some for the fun of it!!

I believe in freedom of speach, on any forum you need to be able to make your own decisions about who you use to do work, and I will not be dictated too over this!

If you own a site it should be fair, not biased and his sites are

I agree with you about a forum not being biased, but you've said yourself that your posts will be biased towards TTS Roadsport.

I can't fault you for doing it, the cash is better in your pocket than theirs, but it means that people are going to be reading what they think are impartial posts when they clearly are anything but. That's the only reason he has a problem with TTS. If they refuse to offer any support just by signing up and answering people's questions and generally being helpful, but still want to use the forum for publicity through the back door, I can see his point.

err, dig that post out then!! I am not biased towards any of the companys, TTS did a great job for me on the RS4 brakes, revo did a great job on my re-map, QsT did a great job on my first mod's.

As for publicity though the back door it was MY decision to finally do a build thread like Jonny's and I get no cash or support from TTS, a site that has a strap line Run by its members for its members, then when I post about my car and he dosent like it bans me, does not deserve to be a forum, and I am now looking at how to shut such biased sites down.

My posts are always about the work done AND who by, not always the same company by the way, Qst, Regal, revo, TTS & the Phirm were all mentioned how is that biased??

Your a moderator on that forum, you should have moderated!!

By the way the magazine article would have been biased towards S3-talk, but equal to everyone else, now S3-talk can SUCK MY D**K

My posts are always about the work done AND who by, not always the same company by the way, Qst, Regal, revo, TTS & the Phirm were all mentioned how is that biased??

So are JonnyC's posts, so are L6ON's, so are mine, so are everyone's. L6ON used Stattler in Yorkshire - they don't sponsor S3-Talk either. Would he have been able to mention them on S3-Talk as a result ?
I have nothing to lose or gain here Mitch78 - I've never met S3BigAndy and a not involved with either forum other than as a participant. I'm an impartial observer in every respect. And to an impartial observer like me, what's happened with S3BigAndy is downright bizarre. Its driven him and what is probably the country's most interesting S3 project right back here - which is where everyone will now go to read about it.